Home

So where are the Great/Good impressions?

This is a discussion on So where are the Great/Good impressions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

OVR: 0
So where are the Great/Good impressions?

The poll that was created clearly shows that there are nearly 400 of the 750 votes saying the game is either Great or Good. Yet, when I read the impressions thread, all I see is how horrible the game is.

Something doesn't add up here... Maybe those that think it is good don't feel like wasting time posting about it or what. I guess it does make sense, because if you were disappointed with it, you would be more likely to let that be known. But the poll, and the impressions thread are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum at this point.

Also, one more thing that I can't figure out. I see a lot of people saying they like the new passing, but yet are displeased with the DB coverage. Hard to make much sense of this. I wonder what the opinions would be if the DB coverage worked properly. Does that mean the passing game wouldn't be as good?

Last edited by brutx15; 07-09-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: So where are the Great/Good impressions?

People with complaints are far more vocal than those with compliments. It's human nature. Factor in also that the people that have the game now are the more hardcore types with higher expectations and there you go. There are some positive impressions in the impressions thread, including mine (if I had to pick one word for the game I guess it'd be 'good.' Great if you've never played an NCAA game before.)

Long story short, counting positive and negative opinions will do you less good than actually reading through them and deciding what matters to you. There could be one helmet/face mask in the game and I'd be fine. It'd be a deal breaker for some people. Neither of us are right or wrong, it's just what matters to you.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

Yea, that hardcore gamer point makes sense as well. I have read about 6 or 7 different critic reviews thus far, and haven't seen one under 8 out of 10, 4/5, or 80% yet (with exception of Baltimore Sun as they only give reviews out of 4, and gave it a 3/4). But reading through the impression thread. You would think the game would get no better than a 3 or 4 out of 10, lol.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Honestly, there are not sliders to fix things yet. There are a few out but none that are fully ready. HartStoppers is really good so far. Once you use sliders, the game changes.

The game is good but the problem comes with all the bugs found in the game. Shows lack of testing or lack of focus.

With a patch to fix this fundamental errors, it would be a great game.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I was wondering the same thing about the new passing. Everyone loves it because they are having success with it. Would everyone be so happy if they were 13/21 for 156 yards?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
Honestly, there are not sliders to fix things yet. There are a few out but none that are fully ready. HartStoppers is really good so far. Once you use sliders, the game changes.

The game is good but the problem comes with all the bugs found in the game. Shows lack of testing or lack of focus.

With a patch to fix this fundamental errors, it would be a great game.
these same bugs plagued 12 also. Their QA testing has been horrible the past couple of years.

Sent from my cheap *** phone
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
Yea, that hardcore gamer point makes sense as well. I have read about 6 or 7 different critic reviews thus far, and haven't seen one under 8 out of 10, 4/5, or 80% yet (with exception of Baltimore Sun as they only give reviews out of 4, and gave it a 3/4). But reading through the impression thread. You would think the game would get no better than a 3 or 4 out of 10, lol.
The review sites are mostly looking at the game in a vacuum, without really factoring in last years game. The people here have complaints about last years game that didn't get addressed and now they're understandably upset. If this were the first college football game to come out we'd be raving like no other.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

Actually the reviews that have been released do factor in previous years. I think even IGN, (maybe a diff one) stated that if you still have 12', you could pass on buying 13' if you wanted. All games have their bugs, and EA just happens to have more. To say a game is a definite don't buy, or that it deserves no more than a 3/10, is just trolling. It's like saying that some of the worse games created that have gotten better reviews than that, are better made games. I guess it all boils down to people's expectations being too high for a video game. I would just like to see some well constructed criticism for impressions, rather than all negative. I don't care how much someone dislikes the game, it can't be all negative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »