Home

Dynasty, Teambuilder or Existing School?

This is a discussion on Dynasty, Teambuilder or Existing School? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Rookie

PhantomDoodle's Arena

OVR: 1
Dynasty, Teambuilder or Existing School?

Good morning all! Well, the day has finally arrived and I couldn’t be more excited to get home, tear open the Amazon box and get through the shrink wrap. I guess I should let the dog out first…

Anyway, I’m posting this because I’m in a bit of a quandary. I created a team with Teambuilder and am excited to begin a dynasty with them (this team should be able to compete at the highest levels right from the start). The flip-side is, I’m also really wanting to boost up the level of difficulty to All-American (I’ve been playing NCAA 11 on Varsity for close to 2 months solid and have never played 12), start with my alma mater Idaho Vandals for a few years and move up the coaching ranks and eventually land at a school in the Big Ten, Pac 12 or SEC to create/continue a legacy program.

My focus in playing a Dynasty is to recruit. I like playing the games and trying to get better each week in terms of play selection and execution. However, I play the games in order to advance a week to recruit some more. I know, I’m sick. (It’s that way with fantasy games… I’m more concerned with getting equipment and gearing my character out than everything else). I think it’s some kind of a disease

I guess my reason for posting is to find out what you guys do? After lurking on the site for a few weeks, I’ve read a lot and got a few good pointers. Like to slow the game down a little (I thought the demo was awesome but the players seemed REALLY fast and arcade-like so I AM going to slow it down a little). Also, I never tried the Online Dynasty thing either…
Other than that, any other words of advice from those of you who play the game like I do?

This is just a post for discussion and banter… I’ve got a fire suppression system so please keep the flames in check.

(now, if only the clock would move faster and UPS follow suit)

Catch you on the virtual gridiron!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Rookie

mrclutchimself's Arena

Re: Dynasty, Teambuilder or Existing School?

Im big on online dynasties. I try to get creative with them, I also like ranked and RTG. Even Heisman Challenge is fun for me
Old 07-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Team builder but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. grrr
Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm pretty much an offline dynasty guy exclusively. I usually like to play with some cupcake teambuilder schools and move on to something bigger and better down the road after I've built them up. Like you, I really like recruiting. I play coach mode the majority of the time now, so getting guys that fit my system is a huge deal for me.

One thing that I'm really obsessive about on my dynasties is matching helmets. No matter what team I control, the first thing I do is change everyone's helmets to the same style. I really like my teams and dynasties having my personal touch to them.

A huge unannounced improvement they made this year pertaining to teambuilder teams is the ability to finally select team color equipment. This is huge news for me as not being able to do so has upset me in the past.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Rookie

PhantomDoodle's Arena

I've never actually tried Coach Mode. I might have to give that a try.

I think the biggest drawback for me right now regarding the Teambuilder team I created is that the announcers won't have a clue how to say Gonzaga

In NCAA 11 I created a mythical school (I think) named Wisconsin Tech and the only name they could say was the mascot. It felt like the whole build-up during the pre-game lost a lot of it's impact. I realize this is splitting hairs, but like you said Speedy43, it's these kinds of things that matter to someone who plays this game for a long, long time.

I think I'll poke my head into the Online Dynasty thing a little. Though having even more distractions at work probably isn't a good thing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

Teambuilder....but both anyway.

is there a setting for game speed ?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Rookie

PhantomDoodle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxredskins
Teambuilder....but both anyway.

is there a setting for game speed ?
From what I read here in the forums, one of the biggest things people do is turn down the game speed from Normal to Slow or Very Slow to get a more realistic gameplay effect.

I don't have the game yet, but I'm sure there's a setting somewhere in the main menus for game speed. Someone else will need to address the actual location of said slider or setting.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

turning the speed to slow makes the game much better, at least it did last year. The players move more realistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »