Home

Dont blame the producers of NCAA 13

This is a discussion on Dont blame the producers of NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #33
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dont blame the producers of NCAA 13

In terms of gameplay, there are no differences between NCAA 11,12, and 13, besides some of the catching animations on 13. What the hell have they been doing the past 2 or 3 years? That's what I want to know. And let's not forget, NCAA 10 was GOD awful. But there are no changes from the last 3 games. I don't know what it is, but something needs to change. Whether fire every one that makes the game or what, something needs to change.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
In terms of gameplay, there are no differences between NCAA 11,12, and 13, besides some of the catching animations on 13. .
That's absolutely untrue. Again I have my share of issues with the game, as I have posted many times, but this statement is 100% false.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #35
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
LOL @ Way back to the Genesis days.
I miss the Sega days. I would play Tecmo Bowl all day with not one complaint. That game didn't change much for years. It's hard to believe that some of these guys on here probably are married with kids and their biggest stress comes from whether a video game player has no show socks or not

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #36
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's absolutely untrue. Again I have my share of issues with the game, as I have posted many times, but this statement is 100% false.
They look basically the same to me. And this isn't coming from a casual gamer either.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
They look basically the same to me. And this isn't coming from a casual gamer either.
This statement counters your assumption of not being casual. Difference in 12 are almost immediately apparent.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I miss the Sega days. I would play Tecmo Bowl all day with not one complaint. That game didn't change much for years. It's hard to believe that some of these guys on here probably are married with kids and their biggest stress comes from whether a video game player has no show socks or not
I played the bejeezus out of Bill Walsh and Joe Montana. Holy cow, lucky those games didn't cause me to flunk out of college.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Why do people constantly throw around the saying Madden has a new team this year ?

That is false. A few new people added on don't make a "new" team.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #40
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I don't think it's lack of resources holding the game back.

It's modes no one cares about. Spending 2 weeks on cheerleaders but not touching some loved features.

It's the cycle of adding a feature like teambuilder or coaching carousel, not touching it for years, and then removing it.

It's adding things like HDR lighting, 3d grass, and motion blur, yet somehow colors of the defending national champ are wrong and pre-3d grass of 11 looks better than 13.

It's having a ESPN license, but not having ESPN stat overlays.

It's not having the ability to share recruiting classes, while a game like NBA 2k thrives in allowing people to edit and share draft classes.

It's getting the running animations/body types completely wrong from the get go, resulting in the entire game looking robotic and funny.

It's predator dreads, and huge footballs, and freezing, bugs, and slow as snail menus (it takes like 20 minutes to do formation subs because it's so slow.)

It's ratings that don't mean anything.

It's band aid programming like making safety awareness terrible so that you can say the passing is improved.

It's years and years of no accelerated clock even though Madden has it.

I just don't think it's a lack of money that is holding the series back. Lack of manpower? I don't know. I won't pretend to know how many people are actually working on the game. I think it's the actual decision making and error in implementing features that is holding the series back.

I haven't played the retail copy of 13 yet. As of now I'm just talking about the series as a whole this gen.
well put man, well put

I know i come across as a huge complainer on here, more so the last 2 years. If you were here before that you would know i haven't always been like this and was a huge NCAA fan who supported and backed them. But you get to a breaking point.

There are so many things whether it be major gameplay changes or minor equipment/art upgrades that they just flat out ignore.

Something as minor as begging for dreads and then they listen and we get them but what do we get... dreadlocks that very few players have. People are annoyed by it so you'd think they would do something to update it this year but nope. You wonder if they are sitting in meetings about art and saying, "update the dreadlocks on the player models to look more realistic or add USC Song Girls" and they choose to go with the choice that's in the game for maybe 10 seconds a whole game only if you play as USC vs something that can affect the look of every team.

Teambuilder teams only having the choice between plain white or plain black cleats. How hard is it to give the choice of having even black/white or white/black let alone white/team color or black/team color cleats that EVERY other team in the game has. Something so simple helps make your teambuilder team not look so generic.

Think of if they just added that 1 facemask everyone is begging for. They have the LT facemask in there that no one wears but can't add a facemask so many do wear? Would it be that hard to add the facemask in the 9-10 months they have to develop the game? Something that minor and simple would have prevented a long thread of people complaining over 1 facemask. Same with eye black and other little equipment things that are left out. They can't be too complicated to put in considering Madden has them.

Those are minor examples i'm talking about, nevermind bigger issues such as the OL/DL interaction.

If we can spend 12+ months (considering a lot of the things we have been asking for multiple years) talking and begging for them how can they just ignore them? When people complained to the NBA 2k creators that Lebron's NBA logo was centered on his headband they changed it. And then the next year they took it a step further and gave YOU the ability to change it however you want.

They aren't oblivious to these and other boards and the wishlists/complaints people have. But when they go and add a game mode nobody asked for like Heisman Challenge, it's almost like they are pissing on you and telling you it's raining. You mean you didn't have the time to add 1 facemask but you had the time to spend 2 weeks adding the USC Song Girls? C'mon man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »