Home

Suction blocking is back

This is a discussion on Suction blocking is back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Suction blocking is back

Only really noticed it when (as an LE) I beat the RT and I'm on the way to the QB for a sack.

The RB in protection (numerous times) has been out of position. Several times he's been slightly behind me and on the side.

All of a sudden as I'm almost at the QB, I get turned around to be blocked by him.

Very frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Suction blocking is back

Didnt know it left.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuschler22
Only really noticed it when (as an LE) I beat the RT and I'm on the way to the QB for a sack.

The RB in protection (numerous times) has been out of position. Several times he's been slightly behind me and on the side.

All of a sudden as I'm almost at the QB, I get turned around to be blocked by him.

Very frustrating.
It's still in there if you don't tweak your sliders. Lower the blocking slider and it should smooth it out a little.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
It's still in there if you don't tweak your sliders. Lower the blocking slider and it should smooth it out a little.
I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Just wanted to add to this with a video I just made. I was ready to down the hit stick, when suddenly, I was blocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0KtJtEIyoU

This kind of stuff is just so tiring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Yes, it's definitely still there, but a lot of feels like it's there on purpose to balance out the game. NCAA/Madden players will never be satisfied until they feel like they are able to swim around a lineman on every single down and get pressure on the quarterback, and that just isn't the reality of the sport.

It's probably the single biggest problem with defense, as I don't enjoy using lineman and linebackers because I feel like they'd rather engage with a blocker than go after the ballcarrier. Still, if you play with your technique enough, you can figure out how to get your guy into position to either make the tackle or slow down the runner enough so that someone else can.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Never left.... Don't think it ever will. Sigh
Old 07-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Yes, it's definitely still there, but a lot of feels like it's there on purpose to balance out the game. NCAA/Madden players will never be satisfied until they feel like they are able to swim around a lineman on every single down and get pressure on the quarterback, and that just isn't the reality of the sport.

It's probably the single biggest problem with defense, as I don't enjoy using lineman and linebackers because I feel like they'd rather engage with a blocker than go after the ballcarrier. Still, if you play with your technique enough, you can figure out how to get your guy into position to either make the tackle or slow down the runner enough so that someone else can.
For me, the issue is equal to the video I linked. You have a dead shot at the ball carrier, and then suddenly you're turned in a direction you aren't even trying to go and you're blocked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »