Home

Recruiting (Playing Style Pitch)

This is a discussion on Recruiting (Playing Style Pitch) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Recruiting (Playing Style Pitch)

I was under the impression it has more to do with your teams stats throughout the season and how valuable that position is to your play style.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

has nothing to do with your scheme it's all about the stats. If you get int's with your corners you're more likely to get cover corners, get sacks with your defensive linemen you're more likely to get pass rushers, etc.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc24JR
I forget exactly where but it explains your pitches increase and decrease every week. For possession receivers, for instance if you're recruiting a possession receiver and your receivers average among the most in the country for catches, then you will receive an A+ grade. Each teams rankings change from 1-120 (or however many teams there are in the game)

Like the guy said earlier, if you're recruiting hard hitting linebackers, to get a good Play Style pitch for them you have to make a lot of tackles with your linebackers. Cover corners, need a lot of picks from your cornerbacks. It explains in recruiting about play style.
Isnt it odd then that every offensive position would have the exact same grade? The same for every defensive position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

It hasn't nothing to do with your school's past production of good players at that position before the first season.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

After a few weeks, you can go to "My School" and see where your grade is for each position and/or tendency and the stat that the grade is based on. Pass Rushers are based on average sacks, while Pocket Passers are based on average pass yards per game. It changes week to week.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Yeah these confuse me. I have a C or D for every offensive category. I don't pass much, so that's understandable, but my rb is like 6th in the nation in rushing and I have a C in all RB categories. I hardly get sacked and I have a good rushing attack so I would think my oline would be rated higher.

My defense has an A rating in every category in every position except OLB, which is D, probably because I am in the Nickel or Dime so much due to playing so many spread teams. I have an above average defense, but I play a bend but don't break conservative style, so I guess I tend to rack up a lot of tackles which gave me the high ratings
Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've got to say that I've been checking this a few times a season and although it does vary a bit week to week - it always seems to make sense based on what i've been doing. I run a very run heavy spread option attack and my QB is always D-C for pocket passers...but B-A for scramblers - for example.

It is a nice dynamic - particularly for positions where they style is huge - such as scramblers vs pocket passers. I always hated last year when I had a stud QB interested in me only to see he had a 5.2 40 and C accel. Now it seems many more scramblers are interested in me and no pocket passers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I've got to say that I've been checking this a few times a season and although it does vary a bit week to week - it always seems to make sense based on what i've been doing. I run a very run heavy spread option attack and my QB is always D-C for pocket passers...but B-A for scramblers - for example.

It is a nice dynamic - particularly for positions where they style is huge - such as scramblers vs pocket passers. I always hated last year when I had a stud QB interested in me only to see he had a 5.2 40 and C accel. Now it seems many more scramblers are interested in me and no pocket passers.
It's a great concept, the big problem for me is, if it is based purely on stats, it puts me at a huge disadvantage because I play 7 minute quarters, so I am at a huge advantage for compiling stats vs all of the cpu controlled teams who have stats based on 15 min quarters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »