Home

Come ON EA...do it ALL the way if you are going to Do it At All.

This is a discussion on Come ON EA...do it ALL the way if you are going to Do it At All. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Come ON EA...do it ALL the way if you are going to Do it At All.

As part of EA's attempt to give more of a college atmosphere to the game, they said that in NCAA 13 they would include post game video of the winning team with any trophy they won. Well, for rivalry games, they only do it for a few of the trophies, not all. I don't know if they only do it with some of the bowl games, but that is a BIG part of college history and tradition and EA recognized it and what did they do? Drop the ball. So far the trophies that show the winning team with their trophy include the Stanford Axe, Paul Bunyan and Little Brown Jug. The Apple Cup, Commander In Chief, Governor's Victory Bell, Shillelagh, Victory Bell and Territorial Cup had NO footage of the team with the trophy. Those are the games I've played so far so I don't know about the rest or the bowl games. Epic fail.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 07-12-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Come ON EA...do it ALL the way if you are going to Do it At All.

Not to burst your bubble. But there are major problems with the game. If I had to prioritize, this fix would be toward the end of the list.

Last edited by Daniels2386; 07-12-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
Not to burst your bubble. But there aremajor problems with the game. If I had to prioritize, this fix would be toward the end of the list.
Being that the game still doesn't give a real college game atmosphere, as pointed out in one review after another, and that is one of Tiburon's stated major goals for the series, maybe your priorities are wrong.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
Being that the game still doesn't give a real college game atmosphere, as pointed out in one review after another, and that is one of Tiburon's stated major goals for the series, maybe your priorities are wrong.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...uccess/?page=3

From the 5 Things EA MUST Do To Succeed In NCAA 13 on this very website from this past January,
Quote:
Focus on recreating the college atmosphere

The team-specific entrances that EA introduced for NCAA Football 11 were a nice touch. But that kind of immersion needs to continue past the coin flip. The atmosphere at a big-time college football game is incomparable, so why does the NCAA series feel so flat? A few years ago, these games featured variable crowd noise that had tangible effects on gameplay, including botched audibles, and that little meter on-screen that indicated how crazy the crowd was.
Yes, it was a little gimmicky, but gamers could really feel the energy in notoriously loud stadiums.

In addition, why not include team-specific chants and in-game traditions? More activity on the sidelines? A less boring crowd? More stat overlays? The return of pre-game predictions? It’s great that gamers can upload their own sounds to play in-game, but that’s a lot of work that most people won’t be willing to do.
EA also needs to do a better job of integrating ESPN-style presentation; they have the license, so why does the game look so different from what we see on television every Saturday? The sights and sounds of college football are amazing, even on television. It’s a shame that so many gamers just put on some music and hit the mute button on NCAA 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

Quote:
Well your first problem is you listen to what they say. I dont give a rats azz what kind of BS they fill the boards with. I play the final product and base my opinion on the game AS IS not AS INTENDED.

...Next... You seem like your on this board more than me, so please list ALL the things wrong with this game. From RTG, to OD freezing, half azz catch animations on both sides of the ball, etc and your complaining about a trophy presentation. All Im saying is fix the game play! I could care less about a trophy presentation when its miserable even getting to the end of the game. Same way with fight songs. I could give 2 shyts about fight songs.... FIX THE GAME PLAY! If I wanted to hear fight songs I play them off youtube at appropriate times lol nah but in all seriousness.... FIX THE GAME PLAY! That should be priority #1..... " The game play is terrible on multiple levels, but if you can manage to play to the end there is a SICK trophy presentation" ... really?

And LOL @ that pic hahahha
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
Well your first problem is you listen to what they say. I dont give a rats azz what kind of BS they fill the boards with. I play the final product and base my opinion on the game AS IS not AS INTENDED.

...Next... You seem like your on this board more than me, so please list ALL the things wrong with this game. From RTG, to OD freezing, half azz catch animations on both sides of the ball, etc and your complaining about a trophy presentation. All Im saying is fix the game play! I could care less about a trophy presentation when its miserable even getting to the end of the game. Same way with fight songs. I could give 2 shyts about fight songs.... FIX THE GAME PLAY! If I wanted to hear fight songs I play them off youtube at appropriate times lol nah but in all seriousness.... FIX THE GAME PLAY! That should be priority #1..... " The game play is terrible on multiple levels, but if you can manage to play to the end there is a SICK trophy presentation" ... really?

And LOL @ that pic hahahha

I'm on this board more than you? I doubt that. Anyway, I am talking about PRESENTATION and you are talking GAME PLAY. I do know that. Being that EA Sports is a MULTI BILLION dollar company, they should be able to work on both. And being that every game in this series for the past several versions they issue 2 patches to fix the things like you are moaning/crying about and what I am talking is a FEATURE FOR A FUTURE VERSION since there aren't going to work on a patch for presentation, we aren't even on the same page now are we? Great hand clapping smiley btw.

BTW, being in the top 10 for Season Showdown for all schools on the PS3, I bet I have played the game more than you and a huge issue I see is lack of the feel of a college game.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 07-12-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

Quote:
I am talking about PRESENTATION and you are talking GAME PLAY
Yes ... Gameplay > Presentation

Quote:
EA Sports is a MULTI BILLION dollar company
Yes

Quote:
they should be able to work on both
Yes

Quote:
I bet I have played the game more than you
I smell a challenge. To bad your on a less superior console: 360 > PS3 ... Id play you for bragging rights thats for sure! I was #8 on NCAA12. Dont try and big dick me .. I dont care who you are or what your about. Your resume' doesnt impress me as mine doesnt impress you.

All Im saying is MORE people care about game play rather than presentation. If you dont think so then start a poll. Im all for presentation...AFTER the game play and other important features are fixed. Trophy Presentation isnt that big of deal in my books. Hell half the time Im hitting "A" to hurry up and exit the game. Plus Im sure (especially with EA making it) after you see the 1st trophy presentation its no longer cool. It will be all the same animations, just different looking trophy and uniforms on the field. Again NOT a big deal, but what ever floats your boat man
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »