Home

Broken Flexbone Offense

This is a discussion on Broken Flexbone Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3
Broken Flexbone Offense

Hey there,

If anyone has used the flexbone option or power offense in the past with success I figured I would share with you that this release has made that task incredibly difficult.

Over the past I have used the offense with the Army Black Knights in many of franchises and loved how realistic the blocking and running back execution was in the Flexbone(Basically the Wing T Superpower plays). It showed me the developers paid attention to the fundamentals and basic of play design.

This year has been a horrendous failure in that department though. I can only hope it's patched through(highly doubtful).

What you get now are missed blocking assignments, terrible running back angles and a completely unusable counter play.

As a coach who uses the Wing T Superpower offense at the high school level it almost looks comical... the way the plays develop and are supposed to simulate what the offense really does. It's truly terrible.

The most frustrating part is that with your lead backs and pulling guards releasing to Safety's your often tasked with making both the End, Outside Linebacker and Corner miss on your own.

Clearly an unusable playbook at a respectable slider.

If anyone uses this offense and loved it when it was perfected in NCAA 10... You'll be disappointed to learn it was a short lived tenure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Broken Flexbone Offense

Yes, we know. It's broken as hell. There have been a bunch of posts about this on EA "Game Changers", but it always falls on deaf ears. Problem is #1 their code need to be re-worked and #2 they dont really care to fix it. It will continue to suck probably until the next gen console.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I tried to make an option QB in RTG but the Flexbone plays were too screwed up to warrant spending my time on it.

Last edited by Biizz919; 07-13-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

As viable as the Midline Iso was last year, its completely trash now. Backside pursuit isn't a problem like it was last year. But interior blocking and OL being too slow to get off their double team blocks is absolute sh*t now. 12 was a ok year for the Flexbone, despite Cover 2 corners crashing the line.

WB Toss is so broken its ridiculous, the Wingback gets the ball behind the OG the play looks more like a handoff more than anything. Which is horrible because the play is supposed to be used for when the Interior Linebackers are blitzing, this is key to getting this offense to work. WR blocking is still sh*tty. EA/Tiburon's Quality Control record is, constructively, bad and needs to be looked at. I know personally that none of the EA Game Changers are "Option-centric" and this could've been missed by them and their quality control guys.

The ability to pitch the ball while falling was advertised and I've yet to see that.

The playcalling by the CPU is bad, EA/Tiburon should understand that the Flexbone playcalling framework works off a If/Then System and should implement this to fix the playcalling by the CPU.

I'm praying that something(PREFERABLY OPTION BLOCKING INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR) with this offense is addressed either by tuning or patch.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CObra-la
As viable as the Midline Iso was last year, its completely trash now. Backside pursuit isn't a problem like it was last year. But interior blocking and OL being too slow to get off their double team blocks is absolute sh*t now. 12 was a ok year for the Flexbone, despite Cover 2 corners crashing the line.

WB Toss is so broken its ridiculous, the Wingback gets the ball behind the OG the play looks more like a handoff more than anything. Which is horrible because the play is supposed to be used for when the Interior Linebackers are blitzing, this is key to getting this offense to work. WR blocking is still sh*tty. EA/Tiburon's Quality Control record is, constructively, bad and needs to be looked at. I know personally that none of the EA Game Changers are "Option-centric" and this could've been missed by them and their quality control guys.

The ability to pitch the ball while falling was advertised and I've yet to see that.

The playcalling by the CPU is bad, EA/Tiburon should understand that the Flexbone playcalling framework works off a If/Then System and should implement this to fix the playcalling by the CPU.

I'm praying that something(PREFERABLY OPTION BLOCKING INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR) with this offense is addressed either by tuning or patch.
This this this. EA read this.

Also, though the midline sorta worked last year, its still not blocked correctly. Maybe try grabbing Rich Ellerson or Paul Johnson for a couple days so you guys understand how this is blocked??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Rookie

puba1978's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
This this this. EA read this.

Also, though the midline sorta worked last year, its still not blocked correctly. Maybe try grabbing Rich Ellerson or Paul Johnson for a couple days so you guys understand how this is blocked??
Yeah midline was alot better for 12 than this version. No matter how hard I try to make this thing work it just to broken to use right now. LBs and Safeties flowing to the ball before you even get to the edge, LBs bursting thru the interior unblocked along with some Defensive linmen on occasion. For NCAA 12 I could look at the defensive formation and decide what i wanted to do and could pretty much visualize how the play would pan out.....but for this one i can visualize and really have the BEST of situations and something will blow the option up.
Like I have told my buddies, the FLEXBONE right now is a powerful run & shoot offense right now because everyone expects us to run but only if they new we couldnt run no matter how hard we tried right now. ITs utter Bull****!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
Rookie

I've had "some" success with the wishbone, which is nice... but it's not perfect.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CObra-la

its taken me some time before i could completely understand how to run the midline iso. just run it in practice a couple of times with a scrambler. at perfection it should get 2-10 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »