Home

Running is almost impossible.

This is a discussion on Running is almost impossible. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #17
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Running is almost impossible.

what makes me mad is when i got a big bruiser running back who gets just crushed by opposing DB's but my LB's and lineman get bulldozed over by smaller scat backs and speedsters. soooo frustrating
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Old 07-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Running game seems fine to me, just because its not working for YOU doesnt mean its broken, maybe just need to get better. I love the fact that the maryland I B.S counter doesnt work anymore. You must set up the run and you must set up the pass.

I like the game being more defensive oriented.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #19
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
Running game seems fine to me, just because its not working for YOU doesnt mean its broken, maybe just need to get better. I love the fact that the maryland I B.S counter doesnt work anymore. You must set up the run and you must set up the pass.

I like the game being more defensive oriented.
Yes that must be it.... Thanks for your insightful wisdom.

Lol
Old 07-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #20
Rookie

pdandi1's Arena

OVR: 0

Could sliders tune any of this?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #21
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Yes that must be it.... Thanks for your insightful wisdom.

Lol
He is right, that IS it. You can't just call random runs any more and expect to fall forward for 4 or 5 yards at a minimum. The dynamic of the running game has completely changed, it isn't a crutch for an easy few yards every time now, you have to set runs up, either via the passing game or inside/outside and vice versa.

It isn't like last year where draws were an auto gain or you could run iso or FB dive to pick up every 3rd or 4th and short. You have to set up draws with the passing game and those traditional power runs aren't easy gains against heavy fronts. Despite weight and momentum not having an impact in this game, leverage and positioning does.

Novadolla (an incredibly good player) makes a fair assessment, just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. This year's version of the game has required some people to change how they do things because the old way of playing doesn't work. I run just fine on default AA and that is with some pretty poor blocking AI, once some solid sliders have been worked out, it will be even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #22
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandi1
Could sliders tune any of this?
Yup. I put the cpu tackeling slider at 40 & left mines at 50. I get like 5 yrds a carry. If i rush it 20 times maybe
Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #23
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
I don't see how setting up with passes helps with anything as the computer still has psychic play calling. They fixed it where they won't come out with 3 LB's when you have 4 Wr's but they stack the box depending on your play....

On my dynasty games I noticed that they still know your play. You can come out with 4 Wr sets and select a pass and they will stay deep in position. If you audible that same formation to a run they stack the line. Change it back to pass and they fall back and it just repeats its self.

Sure it's to make it harder but still proves its based on luck and hope your brain dead O line doesn't let a defender skip his happy butt in the back field without so much as a touch. And that seems to happen often for some reason set up or not.....
Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #24
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

OVR: 0

Looking at the play art, I've seen that there are no assignments for the offensive linemen, at least not ones that show up. Which leads me to believe that assignment blocking might not even be in the game, especially since your linemen never get to the second level right -- they generally make their initial block, then tend to strafe in front of you, which clogs up any running lanes you might have.

I don't know if any of what I said has any validity, but just a theory based on what I've observed.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona

Last edited by KingNick865; 07-15-2012 at 12:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »