Home

The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

This is a discussion on The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #57
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yes it is true the awareness level of the QB can give a boost or have a negative impact on the team depending on high or low that QB awareness rating is.

Far as screens......it is a 2 fold problem.

Problem # 1

Make sure the guards and Center blocking ratings are pretty good, along with giving them a high acceleration rating for they can get to the outside quicker. Give the QB high acceleration for they can back pedal quicker.

Problem # 2

The speed and acceleration rating of the defensive tackles. By default DTs are too fast. Me personally I keep their speed in the low to mid 60s, unless they 300 pounds, then I drop it down to the low 50s. Acceleration rating can not be higher then 76, unless they are an impact player.

I do the same thing acceleration wise for all the linebackers as well. Once a player has an acceleration rating in the 80s and above, their initial burst is crazy fast.

Once I did that, I have no problems with the CPU executing screens.
And I bet there is no way to alleviate the fact that deep balls become way too easy under 2 minutes in the half, as I believe that is solely due to the CPU going to an aggressive Zone Defense in their gameplan. I guess I gotta take the good with the bad. It is EA afterall. I swear they are so close to making this one of the best games I can recall since the ps2 days ... it's been painful on next gen to say the least.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #58
Rookie

dubbville's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm only half way threw and I like your style! Your putin in work. We gotta get a game on the 360
Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #59
Rookie

dubbville's Arena

I thought this was a breakdown of online though. You should do one about what matters online with players. It will enhance your knowledge playa and you seem like a scholar.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #60
Rookie

dubbville's Arena

Playing the computer is boring anyway. Don't you want a challenge?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #61
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

hey skills i have almost finished my roster using everything u have said, but id still like some more input like with the QB THP and THA along with Carring for running backs like u have done with the pursuit and things also maybe some more information along with catching and route running averages

Last edited by pmurray20; 07-27-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #62
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Upper 80s I consider average throw power and throw accuracy.

Low 80s I consider below average.

I don't give anybody lower then an 80 for throw power. IMO it causes the ball to hang in the air way too long when the CPU throws a pass which causes way too many interceptions.

Majority of the QBs I have in the mid 80s for THA and THP.

Only a very small handful will go above 90.

Far as the carry rating for running backs I try not to go above 82 or 83. I do like seeing fumbles from time to time and if you go above 83 you will rarely see a fumble from a big hit.

The fumble prone RBs, I keep them in the low 70s or upper 60s.

Route running once again IMO don't have a huge enough impact on the field at all. However most players I keep in the 70s. With the impact WRs or TEs I will put in the 90s

Catch ratings.......vary from upper 60s to 90. I try to limit the amount of players with catch ratings in the 80s. Average players I keep in the mid 60s to mid 70s. Only the impact players will get 85 and above.

Like always, freshmen get rated low. Sophmores who never played, are rated low as well, unless that sohpmore so happen to be an impact player.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #63
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Upper 80s I consider average throw power and throw accuracy.

Low 80s I consider below average.

I don't give anybody lower then an 80 for throw power. IMO it causes the ball to hang in the air way too long when the CPU throws a pass which causes way too many interceptions.

Majority of the QBs I have in the mid 80s for THA and THP.

Only a very small handful will go above 90.

Far as the carry rating for running backs I try not to go above 82 or 83. I do like seeing fumbles from time to time and if you go above 83 you will rarely see a fumble from a big hit.

The fumble prone RBs, I keep them in the low 70s or upper 60s.

Route running once again IMO don't have a huge enough impact on the field at all. However most players I keep in the 70s. With the impact WRs or TEs I will put in the 90s

Catch ratings.......vary from upper 60s to 90. I try to limit the amount of players with catch ratings in the 80s. Average players I keep in the mid 60s to mid 70s. Only the impact players will get 85 and above.

Like always, freshmen get rated low. Sophmores who never played, are rated low as well, unless that sohpmore so happen to be an impact player.
sweet thanks ill get to this as soon as i finish fixing all the coverages for players this is great stuff and i cant believe i have been doing this for 4 days straight without playing, but its worth it to have a game work perfectly i just hope a tunner update doesnt mess all of this work up
Old 07-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #64
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

any tips for punters and kickers, and offensive lineman? that would cover every position

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »