Home

NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style

This is a discussion on NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #73
Rookie

BadKarma's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style

I'm in. June Jones is just finishing gassing up the horses, and the SMU Mustangs will be ready to fly

I'm good either way with the injuries on/off
Old 07-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #74
Pro

Hey guys,

Just wondering what kind of strategies you guys are using this year in Coach mode?Alot of adjustments using Gamechangers Ie aggressive sets balanced conservitave and if so which ones?Also what kinda of offensive and defensive strategies?Always looking to get better so I figured I'd try to see what everyone else is doing.
Warriors
Sharks
Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Still on 12 but I like what I see out of the pro style offense. I typically run spread but that's a hold over from my days of playing as QB only. With spread it was easier for me to read the D.

I like to run the rock so pro style is best for that.

Defensively I run a base 4-3 and I only come out of my base when the CPU goes 4 WR. Against 3 WR I might run a zone or zone blitz and flip the play do that the S with the short zone is over the slot WR. Had some success with that in game 2 of my new Memphis dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #76
Pro

Last year on offense I used mostly conservative catching and the rest balanced,this year do far almost always balanced.On D this year so far conservative tack and cons big hit .The rest mostly balanced.Last year agg tack con big hit and the rest if mix up.Also you slide protect for some blitz.Interested to hear what you guys do?
Warriors
Sharks
Old 07-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
I've never really used those. Well, I sometimes set the get open on to conservative so the WR come back to the QB since I play the old school auto pass coach mode still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #78
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice to see we have a dedicated thread to this. I just started playing coach mode last year and It's all I do now. I had plenty of success with different play styles in '12 but I just can't seem to get the Navy Flexbone offense to work quite right (started off as OC for Navy). I've played user dynasties where I could control when to pitch and actually read the defense. Right now, it seems that no matter what team I play, the dline is just way to fast to even get a sweep, misdirection, or option run started. Also, I think the QB pitch and RB follow logic needs tweaked a bit. Does anyone know of some good sliders that would make the option game a little more playable in coach mode?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #79
Pro

Option is difficult in this game,not so much spread option but traditional Aka Navy,G.Tech,Army.Ive had some with my set which is listed in the slider section.Also there are several coach mode sets to try.I believe Syd's seams to be the most popular.There really seems to be a lot more of us coach Mode players now.And we're all actively communicating which is making it easier to work together and come up with good sliders and Od's.
Warriors
Sharks
Old 07-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
Hey guys,

Just wondering what kind of strategies you guys are using this year in Coach mode?Alot of adjustments using Gamechangers Ie aggressive sets balanced conservitave and if so which ones?Also what kinda of offensive and defensive strategies?Always looking to get better so I figured I'd try to see what everyone else is doing.
I prefer not to use them. I figure with so much conflict with sliders I don't want to add another factor so I play as is. One less issue to worry about since EA cannot get a realistic game to start with and it takes guys like us, true football people, to figure out sliders for true game play that closely models true college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »