Home

Sometimes too much fancy presentation is a bad idea

This is a discussion on Sometimes too much fancy presentation is a bad idea within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sometimes too much fancy presentation is a bad idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick11
I have to disagree with the majority of people in this thread.....I love the bottom ticker and love the studio updates.....now I'm in no way saying its worth game freezes because its not but I do love the feature makes it feel like much more is going on in your dynasty

agree with one other person who said they wanna see actual highlights of the game.....been waiting on this for years

The ESPN halftime and weekly shows in the 2k NFL games, with video highlights and Chris Berman, along with the post game interviews with players are the Gold Standard for video game presentation. A decade later and EA can't touch it, sad. Their Extra Point show a couple of Maddens back was an OK attempt but it failed without video. I do not see what the issue is unless it has to do with fear of copyright infringement, or technical issues of storage on the XBox but I doubt that is it.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #18
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
The ESPN halftime and weekly shows in the 2k NFL games, with video highlights and Chris Berman, along with the post game interviews with players are the Gold Standard for video game presentation. A decade later and EA can't touch it, sad. Their Extra Point show a couple of Maddens back was an OK attempt but it failed without video. I do not see what the issue is unless it has to do with fear of copyright infringement, or technical issues of storage on the XBox but I doubt that is it.
Yeah I remember the Extra Point Halftime show in Madden.....they had the right idea with it but definitely missed on that one.....And I never played much of the 2K games so I'm gonna have to pull up some of those highlights on youtube, its seriously a feature I would love and it would change the mindset of a dynasty from, every other game just got simulated in 2 seconds into every other game actually got played out on the field and theres highlights to prove it

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 07-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Sometimes too much fancy presentation is a bad idea

The bottom ticker is a must. been needing this back since 2006 ncaa. The studio updates need an on/off switch because the dumb part is the exact same scores the show up on the ticker show up in the studio updates.

And usually the "updates" are the exact same ticker scores that just poped up for "upset alert, or priority score alert". Plus, first down watch an update, turnover watch an update, no huddle watch an update, touchdown watch update, timeout watch update.

! was enough. Add game higlights and we got a deal.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #20
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
The bottom ticker is a must. been needing this back since 2006 ncaa. The studio updates need an on/off switch because the dumb part is the exact same scores the show up on the ticker show up in the studio updates.

And usually the "updates" are the exact same ticker scores that just poped up for "upset alert, or priority score alert". Plus, first down watch an update, turnover watch an update, no huddle watch an update, touchdown watch update, timeout watch update.

! was enough. Add game higlights and we got a deal.
See I don't agree with that. People keep begging for College Gameday and real highlights but we are still complaining about things like commentary, crowd noise and on-field player presentation. EA has done a lot with presentation the last 3 years and although not perfect, a little polish and I'd say it is solid enough to shift their focus to other aspects of the NCAA franchise. Thats just my opinion. And I believe the Studio Updates are the perfect length, not too long, not too short. I love how I can follow whats going on around the country in this years game. It can get better of course but if the scores are scripted, adding highlights might be a bit too much to ask.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yep, great in theory, except EA decided to make every ************* update an upset!!! I've seen more upsets in 12 weeks than happens in three or four years. Why can't you just add something that happens every once in a while EA??? When you add something you do so w/ overkill and within a few games everyone is sick to death of it. ****!!!
I love that line "the unthinkable ... has happened." Because I'm always like, "Yeah, I know, you said that twice last week. And once the week before that."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

I love presentation aspects of video games but the companies need to work out the bugs out before putting them In aka freakin freezing!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I love that line "the unthinkable ... has happened." Because I'm always like, "Yeah, I know, you said that twice last week. And once the week before that."
yeap, saw a week for 3 SEC teams lost to CUSA/SBC teams, 4 Big 10 teams lost to MAC teams, 2 Pac 12 teams lost to WAC/MW

each time, THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED

rece davis is just another half baked EA feature that breaks the game, if i could disable it , i would
Old 07-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #24
Rookie

bdt52's Arena

OVR: 3

Would really LOVE the presentation if it didn't freeze.. and have so many upsets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »