Home

Officiating

This is a discussion on Officiating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #17
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Officiating

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon19000
I've noticed that as well. It might be stretching it, but I kinda would rather have them go back to the old days of right calls, and no option to challenge (if that's even the issue, it just seemed to me that once challenges were brought in, they started to get calls a bit mixed up).
I couldn't agree more. As an offline gamer, I have never enjoyed the replay system in any video football game. And that includes EA and 2K. Most of the time they are very obvious calls with no suspense to the process, just a waste of time. Not to mention that it creates potential for bugs....either blown calls, or the CPU not challenging obvious blown calls.

In NCAA12, at least once a game a ball carrier would fumble the ball well after being down. Such a waste of time.

I suppose for the head to head crowd, this might be a good feature along with JTS???.....But not in my experience as an offliner.

I wish we could at least turn in off.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottlePunch
Hmm I propose a death sentence for Wisconsin since they are clearly paying the refs in my dynasty.
You mean they dont in real life? lol

On a serious note, I've had reviews where I'll challenge, wont press anything, and the ESPN logo will pop up and the game cuts right to the ref making the call. Usually in favor of the cpu. It just doesnt give me a replay. Anyone else had this happen?

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Old 07-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #19
Rookie

BottlePunch's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Lmao they probably do but they only want to give the death sentence if you touch little boys, or pay the players. I have also noticed the booth reviews going to a cut scene of the ref then espn logo then back to the ref with no replay. It's usually a 50/50 chance from what I've noticed. I'm sure they will get right on it lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #20
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegomaize
Not to mention they make plenty of sideline catches. Especially when they are trying to make a comeback drive at the end of the game. It's dam near impossible to make a user catch near the sideline.
Yeah its insane. 4th down and forever and they catch a pass outta bounds and get the call and even when I challenge it they STILL get it!!! It sucks watching the replay and see the WR blatantly step outta bounds
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217

On a serious note, I've had reviews where I'll challenge, wont press anything, and the ESPN logo will pop up and the game cuts right to the ref making the call. Usually in favor of the cpu. It just doesnt give me a replay. Anyone else had this happen?
yeah i've had it happen and then other times I'll see the replay. Its kinda like the player names showing up. Some plays it does and others it doesnt. Just seems very hit and miss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

One of the thing that aggravates me the most is that you can't challenge at all in online games against another user. I wouldn't have a problem if they made the right call all the time like they used to. The only problem is that it doesn't change to that in online. They still make wrong calls and you have no option to challenge them and the booth wont review it.

Very annoying and makes me want to chuck my controller when you are in a close game in a ranked match or in a user game in an online dynasty.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #23
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I'd like to see late hit out of bounds calls. I see it happen all the time. I know it's just the way the animations go, but it would be neat to see that called, since it gets called in real games.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #24
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
I'd like to see late hit out of bounds calls. I see it happen all the time. I know it's just the way the animations go, but it would be neat to see that called, since it gets called in real games.
Yeah, that and also I think roughing the passer needs to be called a bit more. I've had my QB get hit a good amount of time after the pass. Normally I wouldn't care, but it bothers me when it happens late in a game when I need a TD, and I go to the playcall screen and see he's dead tired.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »