Home

passing defense in NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on passing defense in NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
Rookie

wolverine3281's Arena

OVR: 6
passing defense in NCAA Football 13

Is it cause I just suck at passing defense. or are the CPU Wide Recievers seem to always be wide open?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: passing defense in NCAA Football 13

u suck ........j/k. soild d do it...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Use the defensive keys on 3rd down (L2 + press up for pass). Play as the middle line backer to help protect over the middle stuff. Do not call cover 3 on 3rd and long; any form of 4 verticals will destroy it. Stick with man under and back your dbs off the line of scrimmage.

If you are desperate enough call the conservative pass defense game plan; less interceptions, but if you get a stop on 3rd down, at least you get the ball back via punt.

good luck
Old 07-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Rookie

wolverine3281's Arena

OVR: 6

sweet thanks for the information.. I will remember these and put em to good use..
Old 07-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinnzer
Use the defensive keys on 3rd down (L2 + press up for pass). Play as the middle line backer to help protect over the middle stuff. Do not call cover 3 on 3rd and long; any form of 4 verticals will destroy it. Stick with man under and back your dbs off the line of scrimmage.

If you are desperate enough call the conservative pass defense game plan; less interceptions, but if you get a stop on 3rd down, at least you get the ball back via punt.

good luck
couldnt have said it any better...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't understand why zone seems so less effective this year than last year. I thought it was beautiful in NCAA 12 but I feel like it's pretty much man coverage all the time now if you wanna win.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Anyone else having trouble with an unresponsive swat/int button
Old 07-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I don't understand why zone seems so less effective this year than last year. I thought it was beautiful in NCAA 12 but I feel like it's pretty much man coverage all the time now if you wanna win.
Because they got rid of super LBs, so there are actually holes in the zone where they're supposed to be. Also, Quarters coverage is your friend this year, just make sure you rotate the safeties to the wide side and/or trips.

Man coverage, if you have the athletes to do it, is superior vs basketball on grass, pass-happy football teams. You're just isolating their athletes vs yours and winning the one-on-one matchups. Remember, that most pass concepts are designed to beat specific zone coverages by getting a 2-on-1 or 3-on-2 matchup. Also, again, Quarters is your friend. Don't rely too much on Cover 2 and 3, because most pass concepts are designed to attack these two coverages.

Basically, it's the reason why the SEC is such a good defensive conference, and the Big 12 is crap. Big-12 Ds have to run bend-but-don't-break zone strategies because they can't match up with the pass happy offenses.

Last edited by yourfavestoner; 07-19-2012 at 02:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »