Home

Do you play more conservative in your Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Do you play more conservative in your Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Do you play more conservative in your Dynasty?

Ever since the game came out, i've been playing NE vs. NE games, playing as the away team, so as to get my sliders down, and practice, etc until rosters were available and it was time to start my dynasty.

Last night i played my first dynasty game, and about ½ way through i noticed i was playing more conservative, and not calling as aggressive of plays as i had been during all my practice sessions.

Anyone else find themselves playing "not to lose", when the competition is on and the games actually mean something?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 07-19-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
I don't necessarily play conservative as much as I try to play balanced. Even when your down you have to try to run the ball. The defense seems to be better when your down and trying to put the ball in the air alot. Also if you throw a pick it seems that one pick will always lead to multiple picks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Go Blue - Go Cavs - Go Tribe - Go Steelers

360 GT: tharooseisloose
Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Do you play more conservative in your Dynasty?

I've noticed that I'm much more conservative in games than in practice mode. I think it is because I am just trying to get the first down instead of risking a downfield pass.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
Banned

Ninjas N Grits's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
I've noticed that I'm much more conservative in games than in practice mode. I think it is because I am just trying to get the first down instead of risking a downfield pass.
This.

I play for the series. I want to win and get a first down. Set up the run.

****Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was #42****
Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Nope. I'm super aggressive on offense and defense. But I have also learned to love the HB screen pass more than in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm conservative.

Mainly because of the catch up AI. Please don't yell at me folks, let me explain.

I'm playing as Florida Atlantic on Heisman no sliders, offline and with the tuner. They only offered me a 1 year contract. I'm fired if I don't win at least 8 games.

So any lead I get I'm protecting it. I've never ran the ball so carefully or checked down so much in all my years of playing.

In a game last night I had one the FCS teams down 28-0 going into the 4th. The score fair and square. Then proceed to recover an onside kick, score, recover another onside, then score again. Score is now 28-21 with 2 minutes to go. I finally recovered an onside. Ran down the clock then scored to ice the game.

So yeah, I'm really conservative. Until next season when I get my recruits in there at least.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm still getting used to playing on Heisman so yeah I'm more conservative for now. I tried playing aggressive and airing it out alot and it just doesn't work. So I'm running the ball alot more.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm as conservative as it gets. If things aren't going my way, just punt the ball and play good D. In my Washington St. dynasty (AA difficulty), I just beat #1 Oregon 7-0. Held them to just 1 total yard of offense. Best win I've had in the past two iterations of the game. Sure, I only had something like 150 yards of total offense, but defense wins championships.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »