Home

Is anyone noticing these issues with recruiting?

This is a discussion on Is anyone noticing these issues with recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Is anyone noticing these issues with recruiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho
I have a question about the in home state game promise, are you promising them playing time in a home state game or just the home state game on the schedule? Basically i am wondering if you promised a kid a game in his home state but he ended up red shirting year one, will that make him transfer?
i think you can play the home state game at any time in the player's career. At least I believe I tested that assumption in NCAA 11

the only ones that matter in year one are the no red shirt, solid playing time, won't sign a guy before/during, top 10 ranking
Old 07-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
The problem as I see it is two-fold.

The CPU won't go after some players for a while because they are Busts, even if that only means they go from a 75 to a 70.

Being able to break into the Top Ten easily means that I can get to 2nd place in interest on a 4 star who isn't being recruited right away, and even though I'm a 1* and my pitches might stink, it doesn't take long to get to #1 and have him commit before someone else takes over. And this is the case even on Heisman.

That said, I mainly notice this with the offensive recruits - particularly at QB, HB and WR. I don't see this as much at defense.
Yea that sounds exactly like what I have noticed. The same logic has been in the game previous years, but I think it was offset by having a predetermined top 10. Now its just a sprint to get however many points above the #2 school so they back off.

Fixing the promise bug should help some, but I do still think the AI could use some tuning. Some kind of logic for bigger schools to go after those recruits and for the recruits to give more consideration to interest from higher prestige schools even late in the season.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

CPU recruiting logic is still terrible, when I took over Texas, they had 4 punters on the roster!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
CPU recruiting logic is still terrible, when I took over Texas, they had 4 punters on the roster!
OUCH... How many years in?
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »