Home

Trying to user catch

This is a discussion on Trying to user catch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #49
Rookie

fonsoc's Arena

OVR: 0
Do you guys know if any of these patchs will help or further hinder user player controls. Because I do not know how many times I have been within a millisecond from making a play.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #50
Rookie

Re: Trying to user catch

lol I created a thread a while back about this issue (check out the link)

From what I learned letting go of the sprint button has work like some have said already. Yet every NCAA I've played (05' I think) up until now I always held on sprint and caught the ball easy. This issue is just annoying because there has never been an issue with user catch until now and the times the catch button doesn't respond, especially on defense, really kill the gameplay. My thread I created also has video examples to show it is a issue and not "because we don't know how to user catch"

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-catching.html
Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 10

Miss the days when if i hit the catch button my player went into a catch animation, if i hit the swat button my player went into a swat animation, when i hit the dive button my player dove.....no matter where i was on the field the game reacted to my user input. Didnt they say they wanted to make user catching more friendly this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #52
Rookie

SanDiegoTrojans's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Miss the days when if i hit the catch button my player went into a catch animation, if i hit the swat button my player went into a swat animation, when i hit the dive button my player dove.....no matter where i was on the field the game reacted to my user input. Didnt they say they wanted to make user catching more friendly this year?
NCAA 07 -08 on the old gen had the best user catching I've ever seen in my life.
San Diego Padres
Old 08-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #53
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

Maybe its because your player isn't looking at the ball??? It was a big thing this year.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #54
Rookie

Cheetah Bird's Arena

That ^^ but also I've noticed even if he is sometimes it still won't work

I think it works you just have to be user'd a good second or two before you try to user catch. When I quickly user over to a defender to make a play and try to user catch all within like .4 seconds, it won't work as good as in the past. You have to pretty much be using a DB pre snap. HOw I see it.

Also, I believe using SWAT is better this year and I've recorded a few USER INT'S by using the SWAT button instead of the CATCH button. Try that out.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoze
Maybe its because your player isn't looking at the ball??? It was a big thing this year.
Maybe when my ss or fs is squared up to the line of scrimmage bc i pressed the strafe button and the cpu throws a hail mary my guys should react when i press the swat or int button just maybe

I know they can see the ball bc they are standing the same way the wr is only differnce is they just watch the wr go up and get it instead of reacting in any way shape or form.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #56
Rookie

Ok holding the button down has definitely helped but stil not as responsive as it should be. Im still having very little success getting the swat button to work though even when my DB is looking back at the ball and in perfect position it still rarely works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »