Home

Recruiting: What do you look at?

This is a discussion on Recruiting: What do you look at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Recruiting: What do you look at?

I have 3 different dynasties and look for vastly different players for each scheme. I also have a pro-style/4-3 team, a Air Raid/4-2-5 team, but I will be listing what I look for in my USF Spread Option/3-3-5 Dynasty. These are the attributes I look for in order of importance

QB- ACC, SPD, THA, THP, BTK, ELU, CAR
HB1 - ACC, SPD, ELU, BTK, CTH, JUK, SPN
HB2 - SIZE, BTK, TRK, ACC, SPD, RBL, CTH
FB - RBL, ACC, SPD, CTH
WR 1/2 - Size, CTH, ACC, SPD, ROU, RBL
WR 3/4- SPD, ACC, CTH, ELU, CAR
TE - RBL, CTH, ACC, SPD
OL - RBL, ACC, PBL, IBL

DE1 - ACC, BKSH, PUR, FIN, SPD, (pass rusher)
DE2- STR, SIZE, TAK, BLKSH, PUR, POW (Run stopper, gap clogger)
DT- STR, SIZE, TAK, BLKSH, PUR, POW (Run stopper, gap clogger)
MLB - TAK, ACC, SPD, ZCOV, BLKSHD, PUR, MCOV
ROLB - ACC, SPD, BLKSH, PUR, TAK,
LOLB, Acc, SPD, TAK, BLKSH, PUR, MCOV, ZCOV
CB - MCOV, ACC, SPD, ZCOV
SS- MCOV, ACC, SPD, TKL, ZCOV, BLKSH, PUR
FS- ZCOV, SPD, ACC, TKL, MCOV, PUR, BLKSH

K/P - KPWR, KACC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #26
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Man...information overload in this thread. Good stuff.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #27
Rookie

mjwickstrom1's Arena

OVR: 1

QB: Throw power, throw accuracy, speed, and acceleration (I prefer QB's that can run when needed)

RB: Speed, acceleration, carrying, spin/juke, break tackle

FB: Blocking skills

WR: Speed, acceleration, break tackle, catching skills, spin/juke

TE: Blocking skills and catching abilities

OL: Blocking skills

DL: Block shedding skills, play recognition

LB: Coverage skills, speed, acceleration, tackle, play recognition, block shedding skills

DB: Speed, acceleration, coverage skills, tackle, play recognition

K/P: Kick power and accuracy

ATH: Evaluate what position he would be best fit at, then go from there.

I look at skills other than the ones listed, but when looking at each position, the skills above are what I consider most when deciding whether or not to recruit a player or not.
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA - Kentucky Wildcats , Xavier Musketeers, Auburn Tigers
NASCAR - Jeff Gordon
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #28
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
QB-accuracy is the number one thing... I throw mostly short... Throw power and speed are just a bonus

HB-Acceleration and agility... I would rather have an 80 speed 95 accel 95 agility than a 99 speed 85 accel 85 agility... Having the ability to cut on a dime and slice through holes is most important... Aside from that, I like a small RB... For some reason, 5'10" 85 speed feels faster than 6'3" 90 speed

WR-I'm not picky here... I take best available

FB-best available... If he's fast, I'll use him in the passing game... If he's a good blocker, he is just a guard in the backfield

TE-Catch in traffic and run block... Needs to be able to catch underneath one play and block play side on the run the next play

OL-Run block and Impact deal... I can live with an O-line that can't pass block since I throw quick, but you need to be able to drive defenders out of the hole

DL-Best available... I never control DL, so it just needs to be someone the computer can produce with

MLB-Tackling, tackling, tackling... I want a tackle machine who can make the play in the box and stop the run

OLB-Speed... I don't want to get beat outside on the run an he needs to be able to stick with a good TE

CB-Man coverage and Speed... I run man-to-man almost exclusively, so you gotta be able to stick with a good WR... Zone coverage not necessary

FS-speed and zone coverage... I run cover-1 most of the time, so he has to be able to play the deep zone to help over top

SS-This is the position I control, and I usually play up in the box to stop the run and help the LBs underneath and the corners on crossing routes. Speed is probably the biggest thing... Also need to be able to tackle... I had a guy in NCAA 12 with 98 speed and great accel and agility... He was a beast... 35 tackles for loss and a bunch of INTSs... Ended up using him on certain sets on offense too since he had such great speed

At safety, I'll typically put the better player at FS and control the SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #29
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Alright since i run a Pro/Spread hybrid here's what i go for.

QB - Most times i look for fast athletes that have at least a C accuracy. I don't go deep often in this offense as its a lot of slants, crosses, Stick, Outs and heavy screen game when i'm not running the option. If i can't get a fast QB, a balanced trait with good accuracy at least lets my passing game get going

HB - One speed back that i use in the spread half, and when my heavy I-Form/Strong I unit is out the power back I recruits come in. Sometimes i recruit Athletes that fit the WR/HB combo since either most backs have bad hands and WR's don't have the running ratings.

WR - A mix here, but generally i want a speedster to run my motion option game, mixed with a possession, sure handed WR for the routes i run. Again, Athletes get recruited for here as well due to how i want to run with my WR at times.

TE - Recieving, especially since in my heavy sets the play action can be a killer I want the TE's that can catch and run. They should also have a decent run block rating.

OL - i try to find as many balanced lineman as i can since i have options to play with.

DE - Pass rushers pass rushers and more Pass rushers with moves and speed if i can. I like on 3rd down to do the Rutgers/ NY Giants 4 DE package sub. If i come across an OLD recruit with good speed and rushing ratings i'll change him to DE in my system.

DT - run stuffers mostly, but i'm not big on any particular type of DT i get

OLB/MLB - I want backers with good speed and man coverage skills, and good pursuit to make plays in space

CB - Fast, high man coverage CB's

FS - I want a good coverage safety with speed in case he has to come down and cover the slot man to man depending on my play call

SS - Here I take what i can get and depending on what his attributes are i can use him accordingly. If he has good tackle ratings, i'll play more 4-2-5 defense plays than standard nickel. If its the other way around, low tackle high coverage ratings then he'll be playing the same role my FS plays. Sometimes i'll switch a FS here in the offseason.

K/P meh, power and let the accuracy develop

Athletes I already mentioned that i try or athletes that can play multiple positions on offense, and any other athlete i recruit i'm not picky on.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #30
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

OVR: 3

I like good Release in a WR, even if he has great acceleration, he can still get jammed at the line.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #31
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAggie44
I like good Release in a WR, even if he has great acceleration, he can still get jammed at the line.
I forgot to mention that, but I agree. It can be deadly, especially in the slot if the DB tries to press.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 1

Well, EA took out Run Block Strength and Pass Block Strength, so I guess Run Block or Pass Block for OLine.

I think squats are for run blocking and bench is for pass blocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »