Home

Running the clock out

This is a discussion on Running the clock out within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Running the clock out

I wish there was a way to manually do this instead of a setting.

You should be able to get to the line a just a bit early and look at the defense without everybody getting set....then put people in formation and after you do your hot routes and hike the ball.

As it is, it's very tough to make any adjustments at all.

And why, oh, why do I only have 10 seconds to hike the ball when the game clock is stopped? There is no reason for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Running the clock out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuschler22
I wish there was a way to manually do this instead of a setting.

You should be able to get to the line a just a bit early and look at the defense without everybody getting set....then put people in formation and after you do your hot routes and hike the ball.

As it is, it's very tough to make any adjustments at all.

And why, oh, why do I only have 10 seconds to hike the ball when the game clock is stopped? There is no reason for this.
because you are running the clock out... if you are running the clock out you don't need more than 10 seconds to hustle to the LoS and snap the ball. it doesn't rush you to pick a play but it does burn the clock once you select your play... I don't really get the point of this thread, if you don't want to run the clock then leave the setting on normal. running the clock is designed for those times when audibles are unnecessary because you have a lead and you are sitting on it...
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
because you are running the clock out... if you are running the clock out you don't need more than 10 seconds to hustle to the LoS and snap the ball. it doesn't rush you to pick a play but it does burn the clock once you select your play... I don't really get the point of this thread, if you don't want to run the clock then leave the setting on normal. running the clock is designed for those times when audibles are unnecessary because you have a lead and you are sitting on it...
Lol...why don't you get the point of the thread?

What would be wrong with manually running the clock out?

Even though you're running the clock out, you still need to make adjustments....send people on hot routes, change blocking assignments.

PARTICULARLY because the defense is mostly playing the run and you get killed when you do nothing.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

There is a way to manually run clock. Line up, make adjustments, and watch the seconds tick down. Just like they do in real life. How sim!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyclef
There is a way to manually run clock. Line up, make adjustments, and watch the seconds tick down. Just like they do in real life. How sim!
Uggh...

Come on.

I try to "play" games, but most people don't have time to play every second of every game. Maybe you do. If so, good for you. I like to play as many games as I can in the time period I'm able to play and still have a realistic experience.

Games from ten to fifteen years ago had the convenience of manually ticking off the seconds.

And, once again, why are we forced to have 10 seconds left on the clock when the game clock is not even running? That makes absolutely no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Uggh...

Come on.

I try to "play" games, but most people don't have time to play every second of every game. Maybe you do. If so, good for you. I like to play as many games as I can in the time period I'm able to play and still have a realistic experience.

Games from ten to fifteen years ago had the convenience of manually ticking off the seconds.

And, once again, why are we forced to have 10 seconds left on the clock when the game clock is not even running? That makes absolutely no sense.
so you want to be able to run clock without running the clock? like bringing them to the line of scrimage and not have time runoff but runoff on the next play?

what games ten to fifteen years ago had a manual runoff?!?

if the argument is that you don't have time to play a full game then super sim portions of it...

this thread doesn't make much sense. either you want to be able to play a conservative run clock or you don't. the game even has the accelerated time runoff to help you with what you suggest outside of the "conservative" gameplay.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Uggh...

Come on.

in that situation couldn't you just go in and change your setting to balance and then you have the full clock?? 10 Seconds is enough for me to make my adjustments, because I'm not trying to draw up a new play at the line of scrimmage. If they are stacked against the run audible to the quick pass and there you go.

But I wish they had an accelerated clock you could adjust.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

If the game clock isn't running, why do you have the run clock adjustment set? If you are still passing, then why are you running clock; or, maybe more to the point: if you are up enough to run clock, then why are you passing? Even if you are passing, it takes like three clicks to toggle the "run clock" adjustment on and off. It seems like this is already pretty customizable. With all the other issues, is this really where you want EA spending their time?

No, I don't have all the time in the world, btw. But if I'm up 21 in the 3rd or 14 in the 4th, I set the timer to chew clock and run the ball and the game gets over pretty quick. Other than putting a blocker in motion, not many adjustments to make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »