Home

Better running game.

This is a discussion on Better running game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Rookie

SpartansAreComing's Arena

OVR: 6
Better running game.

EA has a long list of stuff they need to fix with NCAA games but man the running game is really pissing me off. There really needs to be huge steps to make the interactions at the line, and the Backs interaction with their own blockers more realistic.

I keep running into 2 issues..

Running into the backs of my own line or blockers. This isnt a simple case of me outrunning my blocks or there being no holes, its more like, I bump into the back and basically get stuck behind and theres not much I can do to then maneuver my way out. Sometimes a hole is opened and im heading for it but I very slightly clip my lineman with my elbow but it stops my progress completely.

And the second and worst thing is when my lineman falls down, but still provides a solid block. I have a huge lane and daylight in front of me, but some dumb lineman is laying on the ground where he tripped and my character just runs in place getting stuck on his body. Or course I can press the jump button to get over him but its so ungodly clunky, slow, and theres never a chance to pick up yards after the jump.

There need to be new animations in that are passive and occur without user having to produce input. If I lightly run into the back of my line, my HB should slightly adjust his angle, or put and arm up to guide himself through. its something real Backs do all the time and its so fluid. If a blocker or lineman falls in front of a HB accelerating, the HB should quickly hop over him or step on his and keep going with no slow down, or just a slight amount. Sometimes it would just take running or jumping over your own players legs quickly and you could have a good plan, but instead a leg becomes a wall and you are standing on ice trying to run through it.

I guess I would have to see how the new infinity engine in Madden handles line interactions and running, but I still imagine they would have to actually put time into these RB interactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »