Home

Define "Solid playing time"

This is a discussion on Define "Solid playing time" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9
Define "Solid playing time"

In my Army Dynasty our FB graduated so I recruited new ones. The #5 FB in the nation was interested in us so I recruited him hard and ended up getting him. He is a 68 ovr. I forgot we had a FB in his Redshirt year and now he's a 77 ovr. My new guy is 2nd on the depth chart now. How involved in the game does he want to be? Last season I would pound out a few yards a down with my FB Jared Hassin and his backup would come in for a few touches while Hassin rests. Is this what my freshmen FB wants? If he wants the Start that's just too bad, i'm not dropping down 8 points from my started just so my Coach Prestige or whatever it is won't take a hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Define "Solid playing time"

Pretty sure last year it was to start, haven't got that far in any of my dynasties to know for sure this year.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

If this game is like last years, then yeah he has to start. Last hear i had a 5* RB that i offered solid playing time to and he did get solid playing time as a backup. heck he had 1000+ yds as a backup but my promise was still broken since he wasnt technically the starter.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
In my Army Dynasty our FB graduated so I recruited new ones. The #5 FB in the nation was interested in us so I recruited him hard and ended up getting him. He is a 68 ovr. I forgot we had a FB in his Redshirt year and now he's a 77 ovr. My new guy is 2nd on the depth chart now. How involved in the game does he want to be? Last season I would pound out a few yards a down with my FB Jared Hassin and his backup would come in for a few touches while Hassin rests. Is this what my freshmen FB wants? If he wants the Start that's just too bad, i'm not dropping down 8 points from my started just so my Coach Prestige or whatever it is won't take a hit.
It's my experience that all you have to do is put him #1 on the depth chart, then go into Formation Subs and put the other FB in all the formations. Even though your recruit won't play a single down, since he's listed as a "starter" you'll be fine.

Makes zero sense, but then again, it's how EA does it.

I had a WR once that I made that promise to, placed him #5 on the depth chart because I wanted him as that guy in my 5-Wide offense. Despite 126 receptions for over 1,400 yards and 18 TD's and being a Freshman All-American and 3rd in Heisman voting, they said I "broke" my promise.

Only EA... {SMH}

Old 07-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

They need to change this in the future. Instead of "solid playing time" they need to change it to "starting freshman year". That'd save a lot of confusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
Rookie

pdandi1's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel like playing special teams would be solid playing time. Or 20 snaps a game at a slot receiver or a back up role would be solid playing time. But like its been said, only EA would screw that up
Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

So what happens if you move the guy into the #1 spot on the depth chart following the bowls, so when the off-season advances he is "the starter"?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

They need to replace this with something that is position based because the current solid playing time thing is completely generic. It should be:

For non-skill position players, it should be based on appearances. If you play in 9 of 12, you got pretty good playing time for a freshman.

For skill position players, it should be based on touches. So HB/FB/WR/TE have to reach X number of touches (carries + receptions) in a season to fulfill the promise. Not a high number, just a number that shows a guy played some significant significant time. Even if it is just in mop up time, sometimes that's the best a freshman can ask for.

That or just replace solid playing time with NO REDSHIRT ENTIRE CAREER and use the current NO REDSHIRT promise to replace playing time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »