Home

NCAA Football 13 Free and Paid DLC Uniforms Are Coming to the Uniform Store

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Free and Paid DLC Uniforms Are Coming to the Uniform Store within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #57
Rookie

dfoz3's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 13 Free and Paid DLC Uniforms Are Coming to the Uniform Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Thanks for the reply capn. But you know people will find something to complain about (although I agree with you) even if they don't have a leg to stand on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I know we don't know for sure yet, but do you think there is a good chance they will have the uniforms available that came with the Amazon pre-order?

I could see them doing that, but I could also see them not doing it because people who pre-ordered from Amazon to get the jerseys would think what was the point of pre-ordering if everyone can get them later through dlc.
I really want the Oregon pro combat's. Even had the amazon preorder when it was $45. I had to cancel it though due to other financial obligations.

I would be really angry if they release this store and do not make these available to us!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #58
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I like the idea of the store if EA does it 'the right way'.

But what makes me nervous is the possibility of them removing jerseys from the game that used to be free and adding them to the store. It would once again be another example of taking away features that used to be in the game.

I agree that ANY uniforms worn this year should be free.

Historic or other designs should be what EA charges for.

I just fear that by NCAA 14/15, teams will only have default home/away uniforms, and you'll have to pay for alternates.

The idea of a store is great though. Especially if they add equipment. We'll see how it's implemented.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I like the idea of the store if EA does it 'the right way'.

But what makes me nervous is the possibility of them removing jerseys from the game that used to be free and adding them to the store. It would once again be another example of taking away features that used to be in the game.

I agree that ANY uniforms worn this year should be free.

Historic or other designs should be what EA charges for.

I just fear that by NCAA 14/15, teams will only have default home/away uniforms, and you'll have to pay for alternates.

The idea of a store is great though. Especially if they add equipment. We'll see how it's implemented.
well stated.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #60
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoastrider
I apologize if I have offended anyone here. I guess what I should have said is, Those of us who have purchased the EA SEASON PASS AND POWER PACK, SHOULD NOT be charged for any additional DLC features added to the game later. Those with EA SEASON PASS AND POWER PACK access should recieve ALL INCLUSIVE ACCESS.
I can agree with this. There should be some kind of on "all in" purchase that does give you everything, including future content for that years game. At the very least EA should have let it be known that the uniform store is coming in the near future, so anyone with a set amount they were willing to spend on the game this year could make the best decision.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla

Last edited by w00dy Hayezz; 07-30-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #61
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
so what i'm hearing you say is after market parts should be handed out for free?
Explain to me how having accurate uniforms for the teams in the game (some of which have been wrong for YEARS) equals after market parts. They should give us the alternates free this year as an apology for screwing us out of having accurate uniforms for certain teams on a constant basis.
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by krildog; 07-27-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #62
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
For the last few years i have seen several threads and posts of people complaining about having to wait for the following year to get new uni's, most have said they are willing to pay to have them (me included). Now we are getting that OPTION to do so and on top of it we get updated default uni's for free.

Now i see so many people acting like they are getting ripped off. We are getting free updates with the OPTION to buy more if we want to. I'm sure what we buy this year will be free in NCAA14 but you can have them now for a small price. I have no problem paying for the work of adding these new uni's this year.
Knowing EA they are only going to now add default home & away uniforms to be released with the game (as well as past uni's that were in old games) and then anything else we'll have to buy.

So lets say for example Oregon changes their uni's again. We'll get the default home and away uni's on the disc but now any new alternate uni's we'll have to pay for. Figure they'll prob charge .99 to 1.99 i'd think per uniform. So if someone wants to now have all the uniforms in the game they're going to end up spending probably close to $90 between the game & uniform store whereas in the past they would have included as many alternates as they can get in the game in time.

I'd have less of a problem with this if the game itself didn't have such major bugs like freezing issues. But now they want you to not only be their beta testers, they want you to pay more for things they've included in the past. I've bought DLC for other games. But those games i didn't mind because the games didn't have huge issues like the game freaking freezing on you all the time.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #63
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

It would be awesome if more equipment was for sale in the uniform store. I'd pay for more facemasks, UnderArmour, and adidas gloves. That would be nice. I only say this because I do detailed roster edits, and I can't stand when players can't look correct.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #64
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

The good thing about the store is now we can actually get Pro Combats and other alternates like Nebraska's new uniform in it's current year! It's much better than using LY's Pro Combats, then seeing new ones on TV and saying, well maybe next year. I think this is a step in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »