Home

Notre Dame

This is a discussion on Notre Dame within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #73
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's better for us when ND is strong. First of all, it makes what is one of the best rivalries in sports much more meaningful. Unfortunately it was one sided in favor of the Irish for about 13 years, and now it's been one sided in favor of USC for a decade. . It's lost some of it's luster, especially since Pete Carroll took over USC, the majority of USC wins have been blowouts.

Second of all if ND is strong, it certainly helps USC in the SOS category. Which helps in the BCS obviously.

Speaking of baseball. Gotta remember why so many baseball players come from this state. First of all we have nearly 40 million people in California. But they play year round out here, starting with the t-ballers. So generally speaking our travel teams are usually pretty competetive from Little League up through the summer league college players play in.

Even back when I played, when we played AAU, other teams had guys who were as good as our guys. They just didn't have as many of them. IF that makes sense.
Yeah it was a high school tournament and we were just getting started since there was still snow on the ground. We lost 18-0 and had 4 ER, it was just crazy bad, similar to 07' ND. forgot that Barkley commited so early to SC, and im assuming Lee was kinda the same thing.

As for the rivalry, its awesome when both are good. The win a couple years ago was nice but a little hollow since both teams were missing a lot of great players.

How do you see USC this year? i expect them to score 40+ every game, but their defense looks like it could be a little troublesome? especially since that D-lineman is done for the year now. I know Kiffen and staff are great recruiters, but i still question them when it comes to game management a little and their star players are all players expected to come out of high school and do that, not much appears to be developing, but i guess thats what the sanctions hinder

Last edited by Bcolt93; 07-28-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #74
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcolt93
Yeah it was a high school tournament and we were just getting started since there was still snow on the ground. We lost 18-0 and had 4 ER, it was just crazy bad, similar to 07' ND. forgot that Barkley commited so early to SC, and im assuming Lee was kinda the same thing.

As for the rivalry, its awesome when both are good. The win a couple years ago was nice but a little hollow since both teams were missing a lot of great players.

How do you see USC this year? i expect them to score 40+ every game, but their defense looks like it could be a little troublesome? especially since that D-lineman is done for the year now
I actually think the D will outperform the O this year.

Those 3 LB's who were freshman that played last year. Faster and more athletic than any group USC has had even during the Carroll era.

The Dline is thin. Really wish Nick Perry (GB First round pick) had stayed. Kennard is out, but tbh he didn't play much last year. DE is where they have some depth, they're just young. Kennard will probably be replaced by Greg Townsend, jr. son of Greg Townsend who played for the Raiders for like 12 years.

The secondary is as good as it's been in a decade. TJ McDonald coming back was huge. Jawanza Starling contiues USC's tradition of outstanding safeties. Nickell Robey is back at CB. He absolutely locked up Micheal Floyd last year. You can say it was QB play, but if you watch the game, Floyd could not seperate from him, and he could not our physical him for 50/50 balls.

If they can stay healthy they're D could be very good. Not 2008 good, but close.

I see this as being an 11-2 or 10-3 team and likely should play in a BCS bowl.

Kiffin's game management skills is exactly why I am skeptical of this years results.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #75
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I actually think the D will outperform the O this year.

Those 3 LB's who were freshman that played last year. Faster and more athletic than any group USC has had even during the Carroll era.

The Dline is thin. Really wish Nick Perry (GB First round pick) had stayed. Kennard is out, but tbh he didn't play much last year. DE is where they have some depth, they're just young. Kennard will probably be replaced by Greg Townsend, jr. son of Greg Townsend who played for the Raiders for like 12 years.

The secondary is as good as it's been in a decade. TJ McDonald coming back was huge. Jawanza Starling contiues USC's tradition of outstanding safeties. Nickell Robey is back at CB. He absolutely locked up Micheal Floyd last year. You can say it was QB play, but if you watch the game, Floyd could not seperate from him, and he could not our physical him for 50/50 balls.

If they can stay healthy they're D could be very good. Not 2008 good, but close.

I see this as being an 11-2 or 10-3 team and likely should play in a BCS bowl.

Kiffin's game management skills is exactly why I am skeptical of this years results.
who are you seeing as loses? Oregon and who else? i look at the schedule and say under Pete, you go undefeated, with Kiffin a lose to maybe Oregon and Washington/Stanford

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #76
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcolt93
who are you seeing as loses? Oregon and who else? i look at the schedule and say under Pete, you go undefeated, with Kiffin a lose to maybe Oregon and Washington/Stanford
3 teams scare me, either because of style of play or matchups.

Stanford, Utah, and Oregon. Although a loss to UW wouldn't be shocking, either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »