Home

2 man under defense too powerful?

This is a discussion on 2 man under defense too powerful? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 2 man under defense too powerful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDiiddy
Just to add to your point and validate you, Half the time those are choice/spacing routes. they will stop in between or underneath zone overages.

two man is a solid pass defense in real life though. Not as ridiculous as EA makes it, but still it is a fundamentally sound pass defense. Have you tried running against it?
Exactly my thought. In 2-Man, the defense is at a numbers disadvantage especially if the wide receivers run off the defenders covering them. Might not be as fun as throwing the ball around but should be effective.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

Just showing how powerful the slant route is for the cpu, I just played a dynasty game against FIU, heisman default, qb went 24-38 for 355 yds. Of the 38 pass plays I counted 22 plays where 2 or more slant routes where run. Of those 22 slant play 18 were completitions.

that means 18 of 24 completitions were slant routes, only 6 other route variations were caught!!! smh

This was with me knowing that there were running mostly slant routes, i tried man cover 2, zone cover 2, bump and run blitz, zone blitz, robber and everything else i could think of.

Only thing I could do was tackle the wr after he caught it, cpu players on the user team react waaaay slower than the cpu team, thats why none of the zone defenses work for users.

oh yeah, this was 6 min qtrs.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

part of the problem i have had with EA for years now is speed threshhold.. im strictly an online player so i may not relate to the game as everyone else. but its my opinion that the online sliders are set to the default out of the box on all american...i have seen it where you can go 5 wide receivers against 4-3 defense and linebackers still have decent chance at covering them. a reciver with 96 speed should pull away from a corner with 89 or 90. but that doesnt happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihispanictx
part of the problem i have had with EA for years now is speed threshhold.. im strictly an online player so i may not relate to the game as everyone else. but its my opinion that the online sliders are set to the default out of the box on all american...i have seen it where you can go 5 wide receivers against 4-3 defense and linebackers still have decent chance at covering them. a reciver with 96 speed should pull away from a corner with 89 or 90. but that doesnt happen
While I don't disagree with your statement, in most cases I would think acceleration and/or agility would play a larger factor in whether or not the WR should pull away from the DB.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
While I don't disagree with your statement, in most cases I would think acceleration and/or agility would play a larger factor in whether or not the WR should pull away from the DB.
true i left that part out. the 2 together should be taken into consideration..but if a guy accelerates faster but is still just a 89 speed i dont see how he keeps up with a speedy WR..

a few years ago in a older game a buddy did a video where he put a linebacker at CB just to test the results..and wasnt much different
Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
Just showing how powerful the slant route is for the cpu, I just played a dynasty game against FIU, heisman default, qb went 24-38 for 355 yds. Of the 38 pass plays I counted 22 plays where 2 or more slant routes where run. Of those 22 slant play 18 were completitions.

that means 18 of 24 completitions were slant routes, only 6 other route variations were caught!!! smh

This was with me knowing that there were running mostly slant routes, i tried man cover 2, zone cover 2, bump and run blitz, zone blitz, robber and everything else i could think of.

Only thing I could do was tackle the wr after he caught it, cpu players on the user team react waaaay slower than the cpu team, thats why none of the zone defenses work for users.

oh yeah, this was 6 min qtrs.
So how many INTs did you get?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihispanictx
true i left that part out. the 2 together should be taken into consideration..but if a guy accelerates faster but is still just a 89 speed i dont see how he keeps up with a speedy WR..

a few years ago in a older game a buddy did a video where he put a linebacker at CB just to test the results..and wasnt much different
And speed is exactly what the problem is in this game. The spd rating needs to be spaced out enough to see the difference btw CB and OL. I was looking through the ratings and I saw a LT at 78 spd!!! Not to say impossinble, but he wasnt the only OL I saw in the 70s in spd.

Im trying to think of a logical way to space out these spd ratings for all teams. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

What Ive done to address the situation with 2 man under defense right now is adjust User ints down to 25 (default heisman) and I am getting very good games without all the picks by my team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

After all this testing I've finally decided the best answer for me to have the DBs not be so dominant in that defense:

1) On DBs (CBs, S, LBs): match AWR, MCV with AWR
2) On QB, OL, DL: match ACC with AWR
3) On WR, TE, RB: match ACC, RTE with AWR
4) Put speed threshold at 0

Im getting fantastic games from elite teams with elite QBs against average C rated defensive teams running 2 man under all game. The CBs with lower ACC and MCV ratings will have major issues covering top flight receivers accross the middle. I will keep you updated on stats as I move forward

Setting will be for Heisman (default), Very Slow speed setting

Last edited by kzdwfy; 08-01-2012 at 05:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »