Home

How to recruit for the wishbone

This is a discussion on How to recruit for the wishbone within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to recruit for the wishbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alapalooza16
I run with GA Tech and the Paul Johnson Flexbone. I recruit like this -

QB - scrambler 6'-0 to 6'-3" <225Lbs

HB - all good HBs I can scoop up, the larger size and power tendency backs get switched to FB in the offseason to line up as the B-Back and the smaller size and speed/balance tendency guys stay at A-Back

WR - never recruit them, find ATH that don't fit as QB and get moved in offseason

TE - never recruit them, find FB that has larger height/weight stats both tendencies for a good balance at a seldom used position and change them in offseason

OL - all Run Block tendency with height/weight around 6'-2" and 280Lbs, will always trade impact block and mobility ratings for overall size

dont i need big lineman?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyweightcp
dont i need big lineman?
Lot of sweeps and tosses in this offense, at least their could be. You could probably go size w/ your tackles and mobility w/ your interior line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
I would go after mainly ATH to fill in as WR/HB/FB, and in some ATH you might be able to use as a QB. You will need to find a all around FB with at least high 70s in speed, acc, str, run blk, imp blk, car. You TE would be better off being all around, but you could go after one blocker and one balance, but you do want them to have good acc and at least 75 speed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
Rookie

Alapalooza16's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyweightcp
dont i need big lineman?
You do not NEED big lineman, you NEED lineman with good Acceleration, Agility and Run Block ratings. If they happen to be big, I would not turn them down. However, I tend to find it hard in Georgia recruiting against UGA, UF, ALA and SC for the top of the crop, so I have to look for gems in the 3 star rating who tend to be a tick smaller.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 19

You will need quality and depth in the backfield. You will go through four or five running backs at halfback. You will need some fast HBs who can turn the corner in order to maximize the impact of the option and the sweeps. You will need HB who can run inside, since you can run Iso and Off Tackle. The FB is primarily running the dive, so acceleration will be important. You'll need a TE with good hands, since he becomes the 2nd receiver in the wishbone. Most wishbone teams put a track star at Split End to give the offense a vertical threat. Any receivers you get must be sure-handed, since you will throw less, and you can't afford drops. Get used to running the option and the sweep on third down, and other passing situations. Ball control and ball security are huge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »