Home

4 verts fix inside

This is a discussion on 4 verts fix inside within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Crap! It moved to aggressive. I still think coach strategy is tied to it though. When coach was set to 85 aggressive, zone coverage moved to aggressive after one play. When coach set to 15 aggressive, zone coverage moved to aggressive after 5 minutes of play. Then when I switched it back to balance, and switched sides it switched back to aggressive after 1 play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #18
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: 4 verts fix inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Just confirmed. Poor safety play is tied to coach strategy. Set defense to conservative 80 and zone coverage in game plan will always stay at balanced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
I almost use conservative for all my gameplan's. It does help zone coverage as well.

I just wish they'd take them out completely or give us an on/off option.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #19
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Where do you do this at?? And when??? Lol how???? I'm lost
Old 08-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

Never had a prob with 4 verts. Pass commit and man coverage take care of it fine. Stop playing cover 2 & 3 zones vs a vertical stretch.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
Never had a prob with 4 verts. Pass commit and man coverage take care of it fine. Stop playing cover 2 & 3 zones vs a vertical stretch.
This thread is about the bad safety play for the CPU, which is due to zone coverage being set to aggressive in the CPU game plan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #22
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
Nice tip, but inapplicable to this thread. The issue here is with the CPU switching zone coverage to aggressive throughout a game, thus making it far too easy to complete long passes against them.

By the way, to the OP, this is not a "4 Vert" problem. This is an "any deep passing pattern throughout the game" problem. It seems to primarily affect coverage of receivers in the slot or when three receivers line up on one side of the ball. The only saving grace is that it doesn't happen too frequently in every game, but it happens often enough that it has made me quit some games because there was no fun in beating the CPU because they failed to properly defend a long pass in a close game at the end of a half. It also sucked the fun out of my OC dynasty. I like to watch the CPU run the defense (because Super Sim is a mess), but I can't do that now because too often the other team burn them with a deep pass when my safeties start chasing the underneath routes and letting the guy on the deep route run right by them. I watched this happen on a Hail Mary to end the game yesterday and it was extremely frustrating.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
By the way, to the OP, this is not a "4 Vert" problem. This is an "any deep passing pattern throughout the game" problem. It seems to primarily affect coverage of receivers in the slot or when three receivers line up on one side of the ball.
Yep. I agree. If you have 2 WRs on one side, and the outside WR runs a curl and the slot runs a streak, the safety on that side will come up and play the curl route and the slot WR will run right by him and be open every time.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
I think he might have meant the sim stats. QB sim stats are piss poor in this years game.
Cpu sim stats are poor because of their awareness ratings. Increase awareness and they will put up better numbers, most importantly more accurate completion %.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »