Home

In 2011 64 College Football QBs completed over 60% of their passes.

This is a discussion on In 2011 64 College Football QBs completed over 60% of their passes. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: In 2011 64 College Football QBs completed over 60% of their passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman490
i understand that the "lets see you do better" argument is stupid, but the "its not so difficult" argument is equally as stupid.

i imagine that the ps3 and xbox 360 are much more harder to program for than ps2 or xbox. production costs are going up...would you pay $90 for a game with perfect sim stats?
And this is pretty much what I was going for.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #18
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5
I really think EA needs to move on from Tiburon. They production level for this gen is inexcusable. EA Tiburon has gotten to comfortable and content with there game. I really think their development team is not talented. The graphics department does their job but the people on the gameplay and programing end fails miserably. I know Tiburon has brought a lot of money to EA in the past but something has to change. I know there's a lot more meticulous developers out there that would do a way better job given the opportunity. I'm tired of the disappointments brought by Tiburon.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #19
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
It's not equally as stupid because EA is a multi-million dollar corporation that has been making football games for decades, and have had prior versions that did the same thing better.

Your comments about the production values are grossly overstated when it comes to sim stats. As another poster pointed out, the problem is tied to awareness, which I'm inclined to believe since the devs have said recently that awareness only matters for simming.

Edit: I guess said poster was in another thread.
by "prior versions" do you mean in current gen? are you sure about that? have you gone back to NCAA 11 and done the same simulations? you could be blinded by the current hate for EA.

production costs effect every part of the game development. maybe EA decided to focus less on sim stats and direct more resources to other parts of the game, or even the whole company.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #20
Rookie

OUByron's Arena

OVR: 1

I fixed it myself and didn't get paid a dollar, so yes it is SIMPLE!

First off, I apologize if this has been discovered already, but I found the solution to the horrible SIM QB passing stats, from completion percentage, to lack of passing yards, and covering the whole spectrum.

You will have a high number of 99 overall ratings, but really does it matter since you can't import draft classes this year?

What I did was apply a 10-point bump from their original ratings on every single QB (starters and back-ups) in the rating categories of Awareness, QB Accuracy and QB Throw Power.

The results through several test dynasty seasons are stunningly comparible to what happened in College Football last season.

I had 3-5 QBs completing over 70% of their passes, 45-48 that completed over 60%, and 35-40 that threw for over 3,000 yards (4 of those eclipsing 4,000 yards).

So to those of you who want to bash me saying "If it's a simple fix, why don't you go work for EA?", well it sure wasn't too difficult to get this right - EA's screw-ups come in their ratings process.
Blake Griffin
Sam Bradford
Adrian Peterson
Jack White
Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUByron

First off, I apologize if this has been discovered already, but I found the solution to the horrible SIM QB passing stats, from completion percentage, to lack of passing yards, and covering the whole spectrum.

You will have a high number of 99 overall ratings, but really does it matter since you can't import draft classes this year?

What I did was apply a 10-point bump from their original ratings on every single QB (starters and back-ups) in the rating categories of Awareness, QB Accuracy and QB Throw Power.

The results through several test dynasty seasons are stunningly comparible to what happened in College Football last season.

I had 3-5 QBs completing over 70% of their passes, 45-48 that completed over 60%, and 35-40 that threw for over 3,000 yards (4 of those eclipsing 4,000 yards).

So to those of you who want to bash me saying "If it's a simple fix, why don't you go work for EA?", well it sure wasn't too difficult to get this right - EA's screw-ups come in their ratings process.
Good find but a lot of us have lives and do not wanna go through and do all of that for every QB on every team, including the crap teams no one cares about looking at anyways. Honestly the stats are so minor I'm not sure its worth the time...after a few years they are made up players anyways and the stats have 0 effect on if I win the conference title or national title or what not. I worry about my stats barely...just win baby.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Obviously in the PS2 days it wasn't too difficult to get it right because the sim stats were far better, so don't tell me it's difficult.

A 2011 study showed that an average of 3 out of 10 Americans are ***** and it's your lucky day you fit right in ... lol
Thank you for that professor, please tell us when your perfect football game will be released.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

awesome, 99s all over the place.
Great to know that your ingenious trumped all of EA's think-tanks.
Definitely a for the simplicity.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #24
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
Thank you for that professor, please tell us when your perfect football game will be released.
#ReadTheTopic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »