Home

Friend found way to cheat vs CPU, advice to stop it

This is a discussion on Friend found way to cheat vs CPU, advice to stop it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Friend found way to cheat vs CPU, advice to stop it

Definitely hate when people play like that, but I understand why you don't want to just tell him not to do it. I have a similar situation, where someone in my dynasty has a really fast running back that he just lines up as a receiver and runs him down field and lobs up passes to him once he gets passed the secondary. He could overdo it more than he does, but he still overdoes it. We just restarted a season and he has 18 catches for over 800 yards and 12 tds already, in a dynasty with sliders made to make it difficult to move the ball. I could change the speed threshold, but I also don't want to make it unrealistic to where slow guys are running down your fast guys.

I also realize that if a play works this well in real life, then a coach would likely run it until the other team finds a way to stop it, so that sounds to be why he doesn't want to just tell this other guy to stop doing what he is doing, and help the CPU improve to stop it.

I would agree that you need to play on heisman if you are not and bump up cpu pass blocking. The speed threshold idea could be helpful. I just wonder how much you would have to turn up the blocking to stop him (if it works) and how much are you going to hurt your own defense because they never get pressure on the quarterback?

Good luck.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have yet to see a description of the cheat or cheese here. If he user controls a MLB to blitz every play how is that cheating? If his defense is shutting down the opposition, why make him change tactics? Against a player he would get destroyed by slants.

I can see how having a MLB with 7-8 sacks a game would make an online dynasty have unrealistic stats, and basically hand him the Heisman every year. Just up the blocking to 100% and watch his stats fall.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm having that issue as well. My friend and I are D created schools and our MLB are rated low 60s and in 2 yrs his MLB lb lead the league with 35 and 28 sacks but he says its no shifting or moving them closer to the line and he only controls the DT
Old 08-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's a glitch, and I know how to do it. It will work vs users as well. I've seen it a bunch in the lobby. I hate to tell people how to do it, but it's the only way it will get patched. Basically what they do is pick any defender in a blitz that's not a lineman and move him close to the LOS, doesn't matter where (straight up the gut with the MLB is a instant sack/tackle and the reason ppl use him the most). Anyway, before the snap they use the jump snap and let the defender jump and reset being sure not move him, then let the CPU control him until like a second after the snap. It makes them have this huge burst of speed at the snap.

Last edited by thehardknoxlife; 08-07-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, according to post #20, the only way you're getting around this is to ask him to stop doing it.

If he doesn't, then you're going to have to kick him out of the league.

I'll bet a few bucks that you'll have to kick him out, because once you start doing a game glitch it's hard to stop. Or he'll not use it for awhile, then he'll realize he can't win and he'll start using it late in games to gain an advantage.

Last edited by BA2929; 08-07-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #22
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Any OD I've ever run had a house rule that no user controlled player could be used to blitz on pass plays. Too easy for users to take advantage of awful blocking and flaws in the game. You either had to control a defensive lineman (who could NOT be moved from his position except via defensive line shifts) or manually use a LB/DB in pass coverage/run support.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

wow, ok yah that is an exploit. Anyone know any way to combat this? Crash your line towards the blitzer? Bring in a FB or HB on the side of the blitzer to block?

If he only gets 7-8 sacks a game with this there has to be a counter. Maybe roll out to the opposite side? Tight end formations? If nothing else put a backup tackle as the top TE or two and just call plays where they block?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »