Home

OL play

This is a discussion on OL play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Rookie

WVFAN25314's Arena

OVR: 0
OL play

I recently played an exhibition game with UTSA at Alabama for the purpose of looking at the line play.

UTSA's D-line is rated as follows

LE-80 overall
RE-66 overall
DTs-71, and 68 overalls.

Alabama's O-line is rated as follows

LT-88 overall
LG-86 overall
C-84 overall
RG-90 overall
RT-91 overall

Now I also had the difficulty set to Heisman and the CPU sliders set to 20, with mine at 50.

Now despite all these factors being in my favor the UTSA D-line still managed to collapse the pocket, and/or get around the tackles and come for a sack. Granted I was just holding the ball waiting to see how good their pass rush would be.

They were able to get pretty decent pressure all things considered. I would say their pass rush was at least equal to, if not better, than what I was able to get with a 4 man rush vs. their O-line.

It seems to me that the difficulty setting affects game play far more than anything else. The stupidity of the blocking AI doesn't help matters.

I personally think they should get rid of the difficulty settings altogether and just let the sliders and the ratings determine how the game play works out. I don't care if it's Heisman or Freshmen difficulty, Alabama's OL should own UTSA's DL 90% of the time, that's what the ratings would see to indicate anyway. I think the difficulty settings cheapen the value of higher rated players.

The line play and blocking AI need to be overhauled as well.

Is anyone else noticing this? I noticed in dynasty several times that there didn't seem to be a difference between my linemen and the opposing linemen when I was playing lower rated teams.

-Paul "Bear" Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: OL play

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVFAN25314
I recently played an exhibition game with UTSA at Alabama for the purpose of looking at the line play.

UTSA's D-line is rated as follows

LE-80 overall
RE-66 overall
DTs-71, and 68 overalls.

Alabama's O-line is rated as follows

LT-88 overall
LG-86 overall
C-84 overall
RG-90 overall
RT-91 overall

Now I also had the difficulty set to Heisman and the CPU sliders set to 20, with mine at 50.

Now despite all these factors being in my favor the UTSA D-line still managed to collapse the pocket, and/or get around the tackles and come for a sack. Granted I was just holding the ball waiting to see how good their pass rush would be.

They were able to get pretty decent pressure all things considered. I would say their pass rush was at least equal to, if not better, than what I was able to get with a 4 man rush vs. their O-line.

It seems to me that the difficulty setting affects game play far more than anything else. The stupidity of the blocking AI doesn't help matters.

I personally think they should get rid of the difficulty settings altogether and just let the sliders and the ratings determine how the game play works out. I don't care if it's Heisman or Freshmen difficulty, Alabama's OL should own UTSA's DL 90% of the time, that's what the ratings would see to indicate anyway. I think the difficulty settings cheapen the value of higher rated players.

The line play and blocking AI need to be overhauled as well.

Is anyone else noticing this? I noticed in dynasty several times that there didn't seem to be a difference between my linemen and the opposing linemen when I was playing lower rated teams.
Oline-Dline Interaction is incredibly broken only thing that I have seen to fixing this is upping the Speed Threshold to about 70.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13

OL blocking problem has plagued this series for me. I can't bring myself to buy a game that for, over 6 Yrs, has not attempted to fix this problem. OL/DL blocking should be something that should be fixed because the first thing that happens on every single play is of course "blocking". IMO its inexcusable that this has been ignored for this whole generation.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 08-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVFAN25314

How long were you holding the ball though? I mean, you don't really expect 5 linemen to hold 4 rushers on his own for more than about 4 seconds max. If its that rushers are beating their man straight away, then yeah, that's a problem, but 1 of 4 rushers beating their guy after a few seconds isn't, IMO, unrealistic, especially, if the QB isn't moving in the pocket to help the rushers.

DISCLAIMER: I've not played the game, only the demo (in England, deciding whether to make the purchase), just thought I'd check on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »