Home

NCAA '12 or '13?

This is a discussion on NCAA '12 or '13? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA '12 or '13?

I haven't played an NCAA game since '10 for the Xbox360 and I was not impressed with that game at all. You'd throw a pass into the endzone for the game winning score and the players would just walk off like nothing happened.

Anyways, I'm looking to upgrade. I found a copy of '12 for like $15 and was wondering what the difference is between that and '13. Is it mainly a roster update, or is it all that to where I need to shell out the $60?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA '12 or '13?

For one thing, you can play as FCS teams. Other things include better graphics, and better gameplay. Plus, it's newer! I have NCAA 12 and I love NCAA 13 better.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13

IMO if you have 12 stick with it because 13 is not much different from 12

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
IMO if you have 12 stick with it because 13 is not much different from 12
besides the better passing, more animations, way better recruiting, more fluid gameplay, two patches that have fixed a good portion of the issues, and the new uniform store...it's not much different than '12.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Other than what jayenomics said, NCAA 13 is probably the best next-gen NCAA that EA has put out.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Other than what jayenomics said, NCAA 13 is probably the best next-gen NCAA that EA has put out.
absolutely agree 100%. I miss 06' but this game has me hooked like no other NCAA game has in 7 years.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

13 for sure. You should be able to find it used in the $30-40 dollar range I'd think and it's a substantial (if not flashy) upgrade. Do you all not remember things like the tendency bug in 12, and the other things than never got fixed? 13 is a considerably better game
Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

next-gen is right, they need to bring back the realistic crowd atmosphere from the 05/06 games when they made the "home field advantage" as their selling points, where the crowd reacted as soon as you broke the line of scrimmage, not wait till after an 80 yard run is completed =\

and there wasnt gaps of just silence/murmuring thru most of the game and the "pump up the crowd" stick actually worked

other than those 2 games, there hasnt been any Madden or NCAA football game with any crowd like that, other than the scripted lively crowd during the Eli manning superbowl drive in Madden 09 demo, the full game had the same mundane reactions as all the others..

Last edited by eival; 08-15-2012 at 03:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »