Home

Long Ball Still Works...

This is a discussion on Long Ball Still Works... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Long Ball Still Works...

Sounds like your passing skills maybe peaking for you, nothing wrong with the game.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsontideuA
Sounds like your passing skills maybe peaking for you, nothing wrong with the game.
Then how come so many people having a problem with it?
Old 08-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I have a fast WR (93+ spd, 91+ acc) vs a slower CB and no safety help over the top (obvious cover 3 pre-snap read or safety blitz), I take a 3-5 step drop and lead the WR long. This is usually a TD. I have done this so much that the defense just about always has a cover 2 safety.

My current trick is to run trips right then hit the single left WR (My #1 who I demote to #2 so he picks up the lesser CB in coverage) 5 times in a row with mid to deep passes. I then run the inside trip receiver with a go or post route. This combo makes the safeties play towards the sidelines, leaving the middle wide open for my fast slot receiver.

Oddly the spot on the outside of the trips right (where #1 receiver goes) is where I throw the ball the least. That guy is usuially easily covered by someone covering the other 2, or runs out of bounds before he can bring the ball in. I mostly use him as a decoy to keep a defender away from the other guys, and make the D run man vs. zone.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

This game will never be perfect but if he is completing long passes that's going happen, it's football. Also playing the wrong defense could be reason people have so many problems. I have no problems against long passes but I do have occasional problems short passes. I don't attribute every problem in game to a glitch sometimes play calling is the issue.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #29
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Right. I certainly hasn't "killed the game for me yet", but that's my concern. It seems like I struggle to run a traditional offense at times, and then when I have to play catchup, here's this "win" play I can call, and I wonder "Hmm, shouldn't I be trying this more often?"

I feel like if you had decent flankers, and a strong armed QB with some mobility, you could just run a vert play every down and if you don't spot anyone WIDE open on that play, just scramble for a few and do it for two more downs. I feel like that could work, and that's not good.
You can. I've done it before but restarted because it felt wrong. That's a problem though. The user should have to feel bad for calling certain plays.The CPU should be able to adapt or be programmed to be able stop every play if they choose the right defense. We should not feel the need to not call certain plays because we know they are guaranteed to work without fail everytime it's called.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #30
Rookie

ate55's Arena

I think we have to realize that this is a video game and it's not close to playing "real football" as much as we would like it to be! I play in coach mode and there is no way, even in Cover 2, should a WR run right by a Safety. There are several flaws in this games that makes us shake ours heads and say "what the hell was that". And for me having to go can change all the coaching sliders to the extreme right, pretty much renders those sliders useless. I understand adjusting the gameplay sliders but the coaching sliders should work as is. I do see an improvement with that coach sliders all the way to the right, but my point is why should I have to change everyone to make it work right. That's the definition of something being broken.

I believe that EA needs to actually sit down and think about the integrity of this game. Get rid of the useless crap (mascots, one button mode, etc) and work on putting out a really great game, since they've bogarted the rights to the game and will not have any competition until this is changed.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteXavier
why shouldn't it work?
Why should it work %75 of the time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #32
Banned

WTF is wrong with you people in this thread??? The deep ball is BROKE. The safeties are STUPID in this game. I can score a 75 TD almost anytime I want.

Please stop with the "OMG people throw long TDs all the time in football....blah blah blah!!!"

Teams don't throw 5 +50 yard TD passes in one game on a regular basis.

And don't say "Don't run 4 verts all the time." Because I don't need to run 4 verts to score a long TD. I can streak just my slot WR and hot route the other 3 WRs to pick their butt and my slot WR will still mosey on past the safety who is just standing there.

Last edited by nortobc; 08-17-2012 at 02:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »