Home

Long Ball Still Works...

This is a discussion on Long Ball Still Works... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #33
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Long Ball Still Works...

The combination of too much time to throw combined with rocket armed inhumanly accurate QB's has as much to do with the issue as safety play does. IRL the QB can count on about two seconds of time to throw pressure free, that's it. A QB also has just a 40% chance of getting three seconds to throw without pressure, again not much time, surely not enough time to stand there and wait for every receiver to run streak routes. You want to stop streak abuse? Use the pass rush slider to recreate R/L average pocket time: 2.7 seconds

Last edited by orion523; 08-17-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
WTF is wrong with you people in this thread??? The deep ball is BROKE. The safeties are STUPID in this game. I can score a 75 TD almost anytime I want.

Please stop with the "OMG people throw long TDs all the time in football....blah blah blah!!!"

Teams don't throw 5 +50 yard TD passes in one game on a regular basis.

And don't say "Don't run 4 verts all the time." Because I don't need to run 4 verts to score a long TD. I can streak just my slot WR and hot route the other 3 WRs to pick their butt and my slot WR will still mosey on past the safety who is just standing there.
Lets play then. To make it easier, I'll be Vandy.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #35
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Lets play then. To make it easier, I'll be Vandy.
If he is talking about the problem I think he is, that won't prove anything. The main issue is CPU zone aggressiveness coupled with situational playcalling. That said, I've tweaked settings such that the problem is mitigated, but it still needs to be addressed by EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #36
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
If he is talking about the problem I think he is, that won't prove anything. The main issue is CPU zone aggressiveness coupled with situational playcalling. That said, I've tweaked settings such that the problem is mitigated, but it still needs to be addressed by EA.
I can believe it if he is playing against the CPU. It's not hard to tear them down. A user game is just a better judge of a game like this, in my opinion.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't had any problems with the long ball. If I just run it straight, the defense usually stops it. When it does work, it's usually off of playaction or when the corner tries to bump, gets beat and has no safety help. Of course, I recruit for speed so if you screw up on the bump and run coverage, my wr's will beat you every time.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
The combination of too much time to throw combined with rocket armed inhumanly accurate QB's has as much to do with the issue as safety play does. IRL the QB can count on about two seconds of time to throw pressure free, that's it. A QB also has just a 40% chance of getting three seconds to throw without pressure, again not much time, surely not enough time to stand there and wait for every receiver to run streak routes. You want to stop streak abuse? Use the pass rush slider to recreate R/L average pocket time: 2.7 seconds
How about EA just fix the stupid zone aggressive? Plus, I only need 2.5 seconds to launch a bomb and complete it. Once the WR is even with the safety, I let the ball go and it's 6 points.

Please STOP defending EA.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
I can believe it if he is playing against the CPU. It's not hard to tear them down. A user game is just a better judge of a game like this, in my opinion.
Yes, I am talking about playing the CPU. User games are fine and fun.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #40
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Glad i´m not the only one seeing the SUPER HUMAN QB ACCURATE on this game. yes, even with Sliders at 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »