Home

penalties

This is a discussion on penalties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
penalties

i've noticed that only thing refs call on this game is holding and roughing the passer...and the roughing the passer is horrible it can be 3rd down and a million and you come with a blitz and its a flag for roughing the passer...look at the replay and a defender can be pushed into the qb and he flops or the defender can just brush up aganist the qb and he flops its like the qb just got shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Rookie

C Spot's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: penalties

yeah pass interference hasnt been in for like 5 years i have seen a few offsides and facemask but not much
Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I never see a roughing the passer unless I put the slider to 55 and then there is one every other play.

Facemask occurs too frequently at 60 and too few at 50, so there should be a decent number in there somewhere.

They have removed clipping altogether and I have seen 1 PI call this year.

Penalties are a mess.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
Rookie

trrt's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I never see a roughing the passer unless I put the slider to 55 and then there is one every other play.

Facemask occurs too frequently at 60 and too few at 50, so there should be a decent number in there somewhere.

They have removed clipping altogether and I have seen 1 PI call this year.

Penalties are a mess.
I always wonder why EA refuses to address the slider and penalty problem. Its either they intentionally choose to not prioritize it each year or its because the game engine is so flawed that they simply cannot address either issue. Or worse, its a combination of both.

If only they had the decency to communicate what does and doesnt work so we could stop this endless (and in some ways pointless) cycle of "gameplay/penalty/coach slider testing".

Its been really bugging me this week!! LOL
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Holding, Facemask, Roughing the passer, False Start.

What really pisses me off is when the AI QB snaps the ball, does a 3-5 step drop and throws the ball out of bounds. No Intentional Grounding call. Nothing.

I think they've basically removed clipping as well. I used to get it a lot on kickoffs in NCAA 12 (maybe 11, honestly I can't remember).

Has anyone got the illegal touching penalty? I haven't got it since the demo. The WRs don't feel as "loose" as they did in the demo and probably won't run out of bounds and then back in. I could be wrong though.

I'm not surprised on Off/Def Interference. It probably has to do with the engine. Anyone have Madden 13? Are you seeing OFF/DEF Interference being called? If you are then I would strongly suggest it has to do with the physics engine instead of this weird semi-physics/animation based engine we have now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play on All-American and I don't use any sliders...everything is default except game speed is slow and speed difference (or whatever its called) is on 35...but I haven't touched any penalty sliders. 5 min quarters.

I'd guess my most seen penalties are holding calls...maybe 3-4 a game on average...pretty much evenly distributed between human and CPU teams over the long hall, though that can vary game to game which side has more.

2nd most is offsides by the CPU. I can usually draw the CPU offsides 2 or 3 times a game...if I'm playing a team that uses alot of pre-snap motions on offense I may get a bit over-zealous with a DE trying to jump the snap and get an encroachment.

If I'm distracted I'll get a delay of game maybe once every 3 games, but it's never called on the CPU. I've seen the occasional illegal kick (onsides not going 10 yards) done by the CPU, but they never kick it out of bounds (amazing even terrible kickers in the game can always get KOs in bounds), and I may see a false start once every other game or so.

Other penalties I've seen but are extremely rare (meaning I can go 10-20+ games without seeing, or I've only seen once or twice in the 80+ games I've played this year) include roughing the passer (5-6 total by me, only once on the CPU), Illegal Touching (Once, CPU receiver stepped out of bounds, came back in, and caught the ball...never seen it called before NCAA13) Intentional grounding (Once by me, I thought I was out of the pocket, never on the CPU) I got kick-catch interference on the CPU once just yesterday. And I've seen defensive pass interference. That's right, I've seen Def-PI called, 3 times, once on human and twice on the CPU.

I know how exactly how I had it called on me...it was a deep pass late in the game, I played extremely deep zone coverage. The CPU WR was going to make the catch about 4 yards short of the endzone and my SS was in the endzone...knowing I couldn't get there in time to intercept/break up the pass, I instead wanted to time a hit-stick just as the CPU catches...but I hit-stick about a half second too soon, i touch the WR before the ball was there, it was dropped, but i got a PI.
One of the ones called on the CPU happened when I had my WR running a quick slant...using the usual timing I took a 3 step drop and passed to him... as I do this the LB and SS both cut off the route causing the WR to be a good 2 yards off from where he would be, and the pass is incomplete...I originally chalked it up to the programming of the game, so imagine my surprise when the ref called PI. I checked the replay just to see... honestly in real life it'd be more defensive holding than PI, but that's nit-picky. I don't recall how the other CPU PI came about.

I've never seen in NCAA 13: Offensive PI, facemask (about once in every 3 games in 12), clipping (after seeing it every other kickoff in 12), illegal forward pass, ineligible receiver downfield, Kicking team player voluntarily out of bounds during a punt (I did this just to see if it could be called, it doesnt), 12 men in the huddle, 12 men on the field for defense (lets face it, IRL even the best teams will do this a couple times a year), Unnecessary roughness/late hits (so many animations of a defender dragging a player down hard after they stepped out of bounds that would easily be called IRL), excessive celebration

It would be nice of more variety of penalties would/could be called. Maybe next gen...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »