Home

Would anyone be interested in a SIM dynasty?

This is a discussion on Would anyone be interested in a SIM dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Would anyone be interested in a SIM dynasty?

dynastys arent fun with only numbers and innacurate default rosters :/
Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
dynastys arent fun with only numbers and innacurate default rosters :/
I would use the most current rosters from the PS3 roster forums (I believe its volsfan).

Only numbers? Please explain.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:32 AM   #11
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

OVR: 8

Would you sim the player vs. player games in the bowl games as well? And did I read it right in that you would advance the league daily? If that's right, I would have to pass as I can't commit to popping in the game every night. I like the idea, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymin1
Would you sim the player vs. player games in the bowl games as well? And did I read it right in that you would advance the league daily? If that's right, I would have to pass as I can't commit to popping in the game every night. I like the idea, though.
Yes on the bowl games. The whole point of the OD would be to see who could build the best SIM team. Not just have 3 plays in their playbook. Instead of focusing on stick skills or play choice to win, you would be forced to focus on gameplan and roster to win.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

Exactly what I'm looking for. I'm up for it if you're still doing this. My PSN id is BLB34.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
Rookie

Ok, sorry I didn't start it up last night. I will get it going tonight.

Also to an above poster. I like to advance every night if possible because if not stagnation causes people to get bored and stop playing.

I cant stop thinking of comparing the OD to the game of risk. You are not actually fighting the battle, but you are the guy setting up the board and rolling the dice to see if you will win. Any player that wants to just SIM their CPU game can, getting the W and recruiting would be the focus from week to week.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #15
Rookie

Anyone else up for a SIM dynasty? just msg me PSN ID Stratospaly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
I love NCAA Football but HATE playing other players online. The lag and cheese ruins the game for me, so I have stuck to offline play for the most part. I would love to do an OD, but playing other players keeps me away from it. I am decent online (45-8 in the past 3 years) so its not that I suck, I just get no enjoyment from it.

So I am purposing an OD where the users mainly recruit, set playbooks, plays, and rosters.. then manually play the CPU games and SIM the player vs. player games. This would eliminate the guys who only recruit 1 fast WR and toss it to him deep all game with 4 WR verts, and recruit a great LB and only do nickel blitz every play.

The settings would be fairly low (Varsity with 75% player sliders and 35% cpu sliders) with a mercy rule somewhere around 50 points.

Set the league up and advance daily. It would work best if each player had a teams in separate conferences so they only met in bowl games.

Would anyone be interested in a league like this?
That equals 110%.

If you want me to go 12-0 or 13-0 each season, then yeah, I would love to join. Seriously though, this is too easy. Make it harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »