Home

soooo when are the new uniforms coming in the uniform store???

This is a discussion on soooo when are the new uniforms coming in the uniform store??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: soooo when are the new uniforms coming in the uniform store???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
No, but they have to go in and basically re-sew them in the game via code. It's probably harder to do that than actually sewing them by hand to tell you the truth.
But isn't that what game developers are supposed do? Add things to each iteration of a yearly sports series to keep it update? Since when did that start requiring more than 60 bucks?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Let me tell you something about the Nebraska uniform this year. The jersey is slightly different. Im sure beyond belief the last thing that was on the athletic departments mind was to forward this change to EA Sports.

Its the jersey NE will wear all season. If its in the store ill buy it. I dont expect anything other wise. Know what else? I wont buy one single other team alt jersey ever.

If EA wanted to charge you to get the chain gang patch thats a different story, but an addition of preferance should cost you.
It not the athletic departments job to tell ea, it's ea's jobs to find out. There's nothing wrong with you buying a uniform if you want. It's your money. I just don't buy in to the fact that they HAVE to charge extra for them. Updated uniforms in a sports game should be expected, not a special bonus we have to pay for.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #51
Rookie

TB12TCUPROCOMBAT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
But isn't that what game developers are supposed do? Add things to each iteration of a yearly sports series to keep it update? Since when did that start requiring more than 60 bucks?
Has anyone heard anything at the least of when it is possible they might open this store that we all desperatly want and need?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #52
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
It not the athletic departments job to tell ea, it's ea's jobs to find out. There's nothing wrong with you buying a uniform if you want. It's your money. I just don't buy in to the fact that they HAVE to charge extra for them. Updated uniforms in a sports game should be expected, not a special bonus we have to pay for.
Well, we've definitely narrowed it down, you'll be one thats disappointed about the results. Just know, you were warned.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Well, we've definitely narrowed it down, you'll be one thats disappointed about the results. Just know, you were warned.
I won't be disapointed because i won't be buying any of the uniforms. I just think it sucks that people like you have to pay for something that should be expected. That's what's disappointing.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #54
Rookie

You may be right, but I doubt those style guides told EA how much to sell each of those pretty new uniforms for to there loyal customers. That's just EA's greed kicking in lol.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #55
Rookie

trainerdave's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Let me tell you something about the Nebraska uniform this year. The jersey is slightly different. Im sure beyond belief the last thing that was on the athletic departments mind was to forward this change to EA Sports.

Its the jersey NE will wear all season. If its in the store ill buy it. I dont expect anything other wise. Know what else? I wont buy one single other team alt jersey ever.

If EA wanted to charge you to get the chain gang patch thats a different story, but an addition of preferance should cost you.
If EA Sports claims, "If it's in the game, it's in the game!" and they don't deliver then yes I would be upset. There are a handful of sites that devote their lives/hobbies/freetime/whateveryoucallit to the ever changing identity of college/professional sports. We even have a thread started on these vary forums that is devoted to those changes. If a school changed it's look for the upcoming season it will be shared on the athletics' website of that school. There are 3 resources all covering the exact same topic. EA not knowing the changes are going on is a lousy excuse!
On a side note, if you don't like that EA continues to deliver/or not deliver in certain areas then don't buy the game!! As consumers we have the choice to deal with the product EA puts out and buy the game or not. I haven't bought NCAA since 2007. I got tired of the garbage they put out, I rented NCAA10 and hated it. I agree that the accuracy of the uniforms is part of the game and should be included. The fact that EA will "update" teams current sets and make you purchase additional sets is rediculous! If you pay for it, then EA has you right where they want you. Everyone is speculating the "updates" will be better than what is available now....look at EA's track record, they will also be flawed.
I am not 100% sure each file needs to be coded into the game The old PC games had a file on them labeled *.fsh Someone figured out a way to access those files, make them readable and editable, and made it so you could "pack" them back into the game. I am sure EA uses something similar to updated graphic files in their games. Video Games are created on PCs and then "packed" into games readable by the PS3 or Xbox360.
Bottom line, people continue to buy flawed EA games so why should they change. It is up to the consumers to take a stand before EA will be forced to change their ways. Right now, without any competition, why should EA strive to put in the extra effort for a better game???

Sidenote: Sorry BadAssHskr, I am not attacking you, hope it doesn't read that way.

Last edited by trainerdave; 09-03-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainerdave
If EA Sports claims, "If it's in the game, it's in the game!" and they don't deliver then yes I would be upset. There are a handful of sites that devote their lives/hobbies/freetime/whateveryoucallit to the ever changing identity of college/professional sports. We even have a thread started on these vary forums that is devoted to those changes. If a school changed it's look for the upcoming season it will be shared on the athletics' website of that school. There are 3 resources all covering the exact same topic. EA not knowing the changes are going on is a lousy excuse!
On a side note, if you don't like that EA continues to deliver/or not deliver in certain areas then don't buy the game!! As consumers we have the choice to deal with the product EA puts out and buy the game or not. I haven't bought NCAA since 2007. I got tired of the garbage they put out, I rented NCAA10 and hated it. I agree that the accuracy of the uniforms is part of the game and should be included. The fact that EA will "update" teams current sets and make you purchase additional sets is rediculous! If you pay for it, then EA has you right where they want you. Everyone is speculating the "updates" will be better than what is available now....look at EA's track record, they will also be flawed.
I am not 100% sure each file needs to be coded into the game The old PC games had a file on them labeled *.fsh Someone figured out a way to access those files, make them readable and editable, and made it so you could "pack" them back into the game. I am sure EA uses something similar to updated graphic files in their games. Video Games are created on PCs and then "packed" into games readable by the PS3 or Xbox360.
Bottom line, people continue to buy flawed EA games so why should they change. It is up to the consumers to take a stand before EA will be forced to change their ways. Right now, without any competition, why should EA strive to put in the extra effort for a better game???

Sidenote: Sorry BadAssHskr, I am not attacking you, hope it doesn't read that way.

I agree wholeheartedly. If we don't like something we should speak with our wallets, not just on forums. This is why I didn't buy madden this year and won't be buying this next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »