Home

The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013

This is a discussion on The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #25
Banned

Alex617's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013

Great thread thanks for the info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013

If NCAA 14 gets Infinity Engine then height/weight will matter. Have you seen on average how much weight is gained in a career?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

So if I'm reading that first table correctly...does that mean that Ball Carrier Vision and Carrying have no effect on a QBs OVR? That seems kind of odd doesn't it? I would think both of those things would be very important, especially to a scrambling type QB.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Another really odd thing I have noticed.

I have a guy in my dynasty. He is a elusive speed back.

Russ- 82 ovr -Spd -92 Accel-95 Awar-61 Break tack-76 Elusive-93 Spin/Juke-88/87 Truck/Stiff-72/80 Carry-75

His break tackle is only a 76, but his elusiveness is a high 93. This guy breaks more tackles than any of my other running backs. Which all my other running backs have higher break tackles, 91, 84, 86. Yet they all have lower elusive ratings.

Now judging by the rating scale shown. Break tackle raises overall by 3.9 per 10 points. While Elusive, Truck, Spin, Stiff, and juke only raise overall by 0.2 per 10 points.

If break tackle is the rating that determines how much more often a running back breaks tackles then my starter who has a 91 break tackle should be far in the lead in broken tackles. Yet this is not the case, instead my smaller more elusive back is the one leading in broken tackles AND he is the backup.

So this even further blurs the line of why the EA rating scale is sooooo confusing that people have to resort to all this "detective" work to find out HOW the game works.

Completely stupid in my opinion that the rating system has to be sooooo hard to understand how they affect the gameplay. It is insane to me EA has not released HOW these ratings affect gameplay and what we should expect with ratings being lowered or increased in each area.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

Russ- 82 ovr -Spd -92 Accel-95 Awar-61 Break tack-76 Elusive-93 Spin/Juke-88/87 Truck/Stiff-72/80 Carry-75

His break tackle is only a 76, but his elusiveness is a high 93. This guy breaks more tackles than any of my other running backs. Which all my other running backs have higher break tackles, 91, 84, 86. Yet they all have lower elusive ratings.

Now judging by the rating scale shown. Break tackle raises overall by 3.9 per 10 points. While Elusive, Truck, Spin, Stiff, and juke only raise overall by 0.2 per 10 points.

If break tackle is the rating that determines how much more often a running back breaks tackles then my starter who has a 91 break tackle should be far in the lead in broken tackles. Yet this is not the case, instead my smaller more elusive back is the one leading in broken tackles AND he is the backup.

So this even further blurs the line of why the EA rating scale is sooooo confusing that people have to resort to all this "detective" work to find out HOW the game works.

Completely stupid in my opinion that the rating system has to be sooooo hard to understand how they affect the gameplay. It is insane to me EA has not released HOW these ratings affect gameplay and what we should expect with ratings being lowered or increased in each area.
If I remember correctly, Break Tackle is used for the Sim Engine, while Elusiveness is used on the field.
Also, the special move ratings are more of a tendency measurement than a success rating.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 1
Where can you find which attributes are used for sim and which ones are used for game play?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #31
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

I think he may be correct in his numbering assestment... but those numbers 91 BTK vs. 93 ELU only i repeat only tell the game what animations to trigger. IE: Power backs have more gang tackle animations and 1 on 1 situations. Where speed backs may brake 100 tackles because of the different animations that are assocated with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay314
I think he may be correct in his numbering assestment... but those numbers 91 BTK vs. 93 ELU only i repeat only tell the game what animations to trigger. IE: Power backs have more gang tackle animations and 1 on 1 situations. Where speed backs may brake 100 tackles because of the different animations that are assocated with him.
Are you sure about this Ceejay?

Reason I ask is one person says Break Tackle is used for Sim engine. While you state Break Tackle & Elusive determine which "animations" are triggered more.

So which leads me to my point. Say you have a Elusive back with 99 elusive, now say he has a 75 truck but a 95 spin move. If the move ratings are just used to determine how often the CPU will use these moves. If I the user use these, it won't matter if I use truck, spin, stiff arm, or juke. The 99 elusive rating will cause my guy to automatically trigger animations of him making guys miss regardless of the move performed.

While a running back who is a 70 in Break Tackle & 70 in Elusive. Yet he has a 99 spin, 99 juke, 99 stiff arm, 99 truck will do plenty of moves by the CPU but will trigger far less break tackle animations.

I'm not doubting it works this way, but does everyone else see how damn confusing EA has chose to make the rating system for us!!!!???!!!!???!!!??? Why not just make everything work in LOGICAL terms, why is STRENGTH used for O-linemen to determine block length of time. Wouldn't Pass Block or Run Block ratings be more LOGICAL for the consumer.

This makes looking players over so damn confusing trying to keep everything in your mind how it REALLY works!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »