Home

ive been wanting to ask for a long time!

This is a discussion on ive been wanting to ask for a long time! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
ive been wanting to ask for a long time!

why recruit for good olinemen if ratings dont matter?

why even consider ratings if you have custom sliders? i dont think ratings matter if you change the sliders!

why dont ratings matter? Does EA program the game to read ratings?
like the return rating?
what about block shedding?
what about catch rating? everyone catches the same to me!

know im a coach mode player so it might be different for others!

idk this is just frustrating me about ratings!
what i really want to know what determines who wins the game ratings wise!
why even recruit if most ratings dont matter?
NFL-TITANS

LET THE DUECE LOOSE!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: ive been wanting to ask for a long time!

I just recruit man. I enjoy recruiting in this game, finding gems and busts. There's still a lot that can be done with it, more features need added.

Most of all the entire oline/dline animations need reworked, improved. Its been asked for for as long as I can remember and continues to be ignored. I'm a firm believer first and foremost any football game created from here on out needs to start being built from within the trenches.

I recruit lineman in this game and just try to imagine I'm building a monster even though I know it has no bearing on the game without physics and momentum.

One of these days a football game will make all this matter and they'll raise roster sizes. Ill be wearing down the opposition
Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Sometimes I wonder why even recruit when I don't have team needs, but yet a year or 4 years later I'll need an entire team cause the roster is limited to 70, so I dont even have room for the new recruits.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytarious5
why recruit for good olinemen if ratings dont matter?

why even consider ratings if you have custom sliders? i dont think ratings matter if you change the sliders!

why dont ratings matter? Does EA program the game to read ratings?
like the return rating?
what about block shedding?
what about catch rating? everyone catches the same to me!

know im a coach mode player so it might be different for others!

idk this is just frustrating me about ratings!
what i really want to know what determines who wins the game ratings wise!
why even recruit if most ratings dont matter?
This is probably a valid point. You could have King Kong playing right defensive end and the Kicker playing left tackle and not get a sack if you let the AI control the end. In fact the kicker probably ends up with Pancakes.

I honestly think EA needs to simplify the ratings. Now I am not saying I want as simplified as Tecmo Bowl, but I will say this. When I played Tecmo Bowl, I knew immediately what player was Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor or Ronnie Lott. They played head and shoulders above their teammates and opponents. Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson played liker those players....Well at least you knew you were in trouble when they had the ball. Dan Marino had a cannon and was deadly accurate.

EA tries to make too many ratings, just make the Great Players Great, the good players good, the average players average, and the bad players bad and let it all shake out from there. Thats all we ask.

There really isn't much impact on the offensive line or defensive line. I really don't gameplan against other teams players in NCAA. Sure there are some teams better than others, but I don't see any players really standing out that much, especially along the lines.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I honestly think EA needs to simplify the ratings.

There really isn't much impact on the offensive line or defensive line. I really don't gameplan against other teams players in NCAA. Sure there are some teams better than others, but I don't see any players really standing out that much, especially along the lines.
In 2012 lineman had 7 blocker ratings, this year they removed 4 of those. Now it is just down to pass blocking, run blocking and impact blocking (pulling/lead).

That was a good first step but they really need to prefect the interaction making better use of the defensive players Power Move, Fineness move and Block Shredding. I think the ground work is there but far from anything resembling perfect. If a guy has low run block rating and he is lining up across from a stud you should have consequences for running to that side.

Last edited by PocketScout; 09-21-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »