Home

Pocket Scout™ College Football v4.0 (NCAA 2013) FREE PC APP

This is a discussion on Pocket Scout™ College Football v4.0 (NCAA 2013) FREE PC APP within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Pocket Scout™ College Football v4.0 (NCAA 2013) FREE PC APP

I can't get the app to work. I downloaded my files from the EA website, but the app won't open them
Old 10-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #18
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
This is just pure brilliance. How do you calculate how your app randomizes the changes? Also can this be used to make changes to all of the teams in the OD instead of just our own? Thanks for adding this btw.
*I just set it up the class with ten player variables.

*Next it reads the roster file and determines how many players are on the team (we will call this max_players).

*For the first player variable a random number between 1 and max_players is generated.

*For the second player variable a random number between 1 and max_players is generated. Then it is checked to make sure this number is not the same as the first player variable. If it is the code is ran again to produce a different number.

*This continues for all ten player variables.

The number that is assigned to the player variable is which player on the roster that will get edited. First player variable might be 44. This mean that's player on the 44th line of your roster file will be edited.

*On the main form of the app there is a place to input how many points you want the be redistributed. This is approximately how many points will be taken away from players 1-7 and how many will be added to players 8-10. The number (40 is default) is dived by the number of players and the number of important attributes for that players position. So 40/7 = 5.7 points per player that players 1-7 will lose (so with rounding the player will lose about 6 points). Players 8-10 will game the 40 so 40/3 = 13.3. When you divide this out by 3 attributes 13/3 = 4.43. So about 4 points per attribute will be added.

*Player Variables 1-7 are the players that will be regressed. I used the research I found from the OVR Ratings Breakdown post I made on which attributes were most important to the player and the top 2-3 of these are lowered.

*Player Variables 8-10 are the players that will be progressed. I used the research I found from the OVR Ratings Breakdown post I made on which attributes were most important to the player and the top 2-3 of these are raised.

As for having difficultly running the program try to download just your teams roster. Then go in a load it and click the Progression button. I noticed that I did not put any feedback to allow the user to know it worked or didn't and will fix that in an update. You should be able to go to the directory you dumped the pocketscout.exe file in and after you press the Progression button it should output the progression.txt file in that same directory.

Last edited by PocketScout; 10-10-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #19
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Uploaded version 4.03.

*Added status bar to the bottom so you know if there was an error.
*Fix Progression/Regression error where it only regressed best players and only raised worst players. Now it will randomly attack your whole roster. This is what I was originally aiming for. Some freshman might gain points and be better than you thought or regress and be worse. Your star HB might regress or he might progress. Now the module is functioning in like it was intended to do.
*Added HTML support for Progression Results.

Pocket Scout Progression / Regression Results
CLASSPOSNAMERESULT
SRWRJeff Battle SPD-2, CAT-2, ACC-2
SOWRPaul Wilson SPD-2, CAT-2, ACC-2
FRCBArnold Roberts SPD-2, ZCV-2, MCV-2
FRFSJakari Woodard SPD-2, ZCV-2, TCK-2
FRLOLBWilliam Davis TCK-2, PRC-2, STR-2
SOTEGreg Smith RBK+5, PBK+5, CAT+5
SOLOLBCharles ****s TCK-2, PRC-2, STR-2
SRREPaul Hobbs TCK+5, BSH+5, STR+5
FRSSJonathan Ramsour SPD-2, ZCV-2, TCK-2
SOLEMarcus Thomas TCK+5, BSH+5, STR+5
Old 10-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #20
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Uploaded v4.04

This update added the ability to use the Player Progression/Regression offline.
Also special thanks to goalkeepr and the people in this 4-Year Progression Numbers Breakdown for bringing the great idea for this module to the community.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #21
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Uploaded v4.05

This fixes and issue where kickers were being overly progressed. This also increase the difficulty of the progression by progressing players less and regressing them more.

Also added in a random selection that changes the 10 player breakdown (7 regress/3 progress). Now it is possible that 9 players will be affected and you might only have two players progress.

Last edited by PocketScout; 10-16-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #22
Rookie

thesublime's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm guessing there's no chance we see this for Mac users, huh?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #23
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesublime
I'm guessing there's no chance we see this for Mac users, huh?
Dual Boot you should be able to, but I sold my MacMini a few years ago so I will not be able to personally port it over.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 7

Pocket, when do you usually use the progression/regression tool and how many points to do you usually allocate for the program?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »