Home

Hey GA TECH USERS

This is a discussion on Hey GA TECH USERS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Hey GA TECH USERS

Are you guys having any luck? LOL Got beat pretty bad by Va Tech in week 1 currently leading Air Force 31-17 7:30 to go. Really just can't get the triple going . Any having any luck at all?

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Rookie

jj06's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hey GA TECH USERS

i have a dynasty with GA Tech since its my hometown team...funny thing is i was able to beat VA Tech but lost to Maryland -__-

and I usually have to abandon the option and do regular runs out of the wishbone or goal line and run regular plays out of the shotgun. I complained on here a few months ago the option was kinda screwed up in the game & its too easy to stop

Last edited by jj06; 10-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Blocking is too flawed to use us this year. The lead A block always pulls off and you get killed by an LB.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I use GT in an online dynasty with 4 other guys. We are currently in year 2017, and we use fistofrage's slider set with adjustments to help the computer. I've been able to run the option offense with a custom playbook alot of the time. I mix up a bunch of read option and traditional option plays and normally pass less than 15 times a game. I actually run a lot of option play out of the i-formation. It's very important to just watch the DE on the play and mix up what you are doing.

Nebraska back in the day, never ran the option 4 times out of 5 plays. They used the option as their big play. They mixed in plently of draws and different counters, and then went for their big play with the option. I find that you must do this in order to be successful. I would say I run the traditional option 5-7 times a game, and the read option about the same. Alot of my plays are smash's and lead draws and so forth.

While I have only won 1 national title(the first year), I am consistently in the top 10 each year with this offense.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
I use GT in an online dynasty with 4 other guys. We are currently in year 2017, and we use fistofrage's slider set with adjustments to help the computer. I've been able to run the option offense with a custom playbook alot of the time. I mix up a bunch of read option and traditional option plays and normally pass less than 15 times a game. I actually run a lot of option play out of the i-formation. It's very important to just watch the DE on the play and mix up what you are doing.

Nebraska back in the day, never ran the option 4 times out of 5 plays. They used the option as their big play. They mixed in plently of draws and different counters, and then went for their big play with the option. I find that you must do this in order to be successful. I would say I run the traditional option 5-7 times a game, and the read option about the same. Alot of my plays are smash's and lead draws and so forth.

While I have only won 1 national title(the first year), I am consistently in the top 10 each year with this offense.
Sounds to me like he is using the standard Tech playbook. Not a custom one. The ingame playbook is flawed because we've ran a lot of Pistol plays this year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #6
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Sounds to me like he is using the standard Tech playbook. Not a custom one. The ingame playbook is flawed because we've ran a lot of Pistol plays this year.

Yeah had to abandon the traditional playbook and go with a custom book based off of techs. Added alot of pistol and gun read options along with some three and four man backfields.

And to jj06 I lost to Va tech, beat air force, lost to virginia, and beat miami and mid tenn state. lol

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Yeah had to abandon the traditional playbook and go with a custom book based off of techs. Added alot of pistol and gun read options along with some three and four man backfields.

And to jj06 I lost to Va tech, beat air force, lost to virginia, and beat miami and mid tenn state. lol
Good thinking. You better believe if Bama ran the TO it would be perfect on this game. It's been broken for as long as I can remember.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Good thinking. You better believe if FSU ran the TO it would be perfect on this game. It's been broken for as long as I can remember.
corrected

10char

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »