Home

Which Attribute Ratings Effect Scores and Stats in the Sim Engine?

This is a discussion on Which Attribute Ratings Effect Scores and Stats in the Sim Engine? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Which Attribute Ratings Effect Scores and Stats in the Sim Engine?

I know that awareness for QBs has an impact on Comp % but I want to be sure about what other ratings effect and for which positions?
  1. Does awareness impact a RB's YPC? Would a RB's Break Tackle rating effect his YAC and total number of broken tackles over a season?
  2. What about DEs
  3. WRs?
Heck, basicaly I need an entire list for every position and which attributes effect which stats. Thanks for all of those able to help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which Attribute Ratings Effect Scores and Stats in the Sim Engine?

I'm not quite sure in relation to NCAA 13 itself but very quickly...

QB = Awareness = Completion % (and maybe INT per PA)
WR/TE = Catching + Carrying = Catches Stat (and Drops Stat in past games)
OL = Run Block + Strength = Pancakes Stat
Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

I haven't paid much attention besides QB play. The game uses three different simulation engines.

1) In game advance week engine
2) Supersim engine
3) Advance from the web engine

I have noticed #3 is the most unforgiving on lower rated QB play. Back in NCAA 2011 (possibly 12) someone brought forth the observation that once a QB hit triple 80 (80 in THA, THP, and AWR) they threw significantly less interceptions.

This concept still holds true but it is not as defined at just 80 in the key QB attributes. In testing I have found that Playcall Aggressive Style in your gameplan plays a huge factor in completion % and interceptions. Basically cranking it up you are telling the engine to bomb down field and be more risky with you throws. This can result in a higher yards per catch but lower completion percentage. Think of this as Texas Tech when Mike Leach installed his vertical passing to go along with his dink and dunk short game.

In playing my sim dynasties (using #3 advance anywhere from the web feature) I have seen my quarterback throw a huge number of interceptions if he has low AWR, but by significantly lowering my Playcall Aggressive Style I have been able to pull it back in and help keep that number lower. But the trade off is when you do this he will have less touchdowns as the short yardage playcall will be more conservative and will most of the time be a run inside the 5 yard line. Think of this as what Nick Saban would do if he had to start a freshman at QB. He will give him good enough plays to succeed but the kid would never throw 10 deep routes in a game.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I put my Bing seach engine to test last night and was able to find some very useful info regarding sim stats from a couple of highly respected members here. From what I gathered Awareness also has an impact on defensive stats. On GMS's roster edits thread for last year's game it was posted that boosting the awareness ratings of all of the defensive players led to inflated stats like sacks, passes defended and INTs. I will test this 2morrow (two days off yeah!) and see what I find. If this holds true then it should be fairly easy to get game changing players to stand out in the sim engine by making them much more aware than their teammates and opponents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »