Home

Why is it so hard to get a big time HC job.

This is a discussion on Why is it so hard to get a big time HC job. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Why is it so hard to get a big time HC job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Why don't ppl see an issue with guys winning national championships with teams like Memphis and San Jose State after 1 or 2 years? I's just my opinion but I see a huge issue with that. This is a fantasy game based on a real life game I understand that, but I would think a guy would want to struggle a bit more at smaller schools and make things a little more realistic. Either raise the difficulty levels, make the game harder using sliders, sim a few games a year, or maybe do all three.

I have a Cal online dynasty that I use for recruiting only and a Cal dynasty offline that I control everything in. In my offline dynasty before each game I have a chioce between three different slider sets based on my skill level. Hard, Harder and Very Difficult. I basically spin a wheel and whatever set number it falls on that is the slider set I will use. I also sim 2 games a season. That's just my thing. If guys found big success after 5-8 seasons rather than 1-2 seasons maybe the coaching carousel wouldn't be such a big issue.
I may have won the NC with San Jose State twice, but I didn't in two years. My team is like seven or eight years and we started with about the worst record as 100+ in the FBS. We could have been compared to Boise State with mid-ranged players for years. It wasn't until the last two years when joining the PAC-12 that we got national recognition that 5 star players even looked at us. Just this passed year we won the PAC-12 to play for the NC.

Now, in regards to the thread, this same coach that has built this team from a disgrace to a national powerhouse still only gets offers for OC for bigger schools or HC positions for schools like Southern Miss or Fresno State. No chance in hell in real life would I not see schools like: Alabama, LSU, Oregon, USC that need a coach wouldn't go for a successful coach, not a coordinator that has never succeeded on his own.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #26
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

In my career I went from DC at WKU, to HC at WKU, to DC at Ok St, straight to HC at UCLA (where I stayed for five years), and then got the HC job at Oklahoma. It did seem like few big schools were trying to poach me when I put up a great run at UCLA though.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #27
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Perhaps they have updated some logic through patches. I don't have the game so I don't know. I just know it was very poor upon first release and that's why I didn't buy it. Maybe it'll be worth a purchase used or when it goes on sale at some point.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 13

I'd say save your money till 2014 comes out. '13 isn't all that different from '12 anyways. Carousel logic is still too screwed up. Maybe the devs have seen how much the football fans have been pissed off by the fact they virtually didn't even touch it. Haumiller himself even said himself they just "twiked" it.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 10-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anyone started as a hc at a small school the go to a mid level school then a power school?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 2

The logic is all sorts of messed up. I did a little testing and here were my results:

Head Coach at Maryland. Won NC 6 years in a row. Moved to HC at Arkansas and won 2 NC in a row. Went to Florida as OC lost NC two years in a row.

During my two years at Florida, I was being recruited for OC jobs at lower schools. Why would I go from Florida OC to Idaho OC?

So I've won 8 NC, never finished worse than 1 loss in a season and the only jobs I was getting after Florida was OC and HC jobs at teams like Idaho, Colorado State, etc. Even when I won 6 NC in a row at Maryland, the only high profile job that offered to me was Arkansas.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #31
Rookie

nhill76's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon1 Re: Why is it so hard to get a big time HC job.

The logic in how someone gets a job is VERY flawed in this game and can be overcame by making yourself an alumni of a school or switching to the offensive playbook of the school you want to take over. If you use the air raid playbook, you will get offers from all the schools such as Texas Tech, West VA, Houston, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Wash State, Troy, and LA Tech who all run that scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »