Home

Two Quarterback System

This is a discussion on Two Quarterback System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #17
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Two Quarterback System

I use a 2 QB system unless I have an absolute stud. My #1 QB is always a dual-threat but I always make sure I have a decent pocket passer just in case he's not an ideal passer. But I have to admit it doesn't feel as realistic as it should. It'd be nice to have a rhythm modifier for not just QBs but for other positions as well. The downside to using more depth is you sacrifice their rhythm and feel for the game. It'll probably never happen but would be nice.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
Rookie

zkiesel's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm planning on doing this for TCU. Casey Pachall is still in the game, so he'd be my #1. But I'd use Trevone Boykin a lot. I'll be making a custom playbook with an entire formation dedicated to option runs. All options would be confined to that playbook, so whenever I decide to run an option, Boykin would come in. All other times, Pachall would stay in. I might also dedicate a goal line formation to run QB draws or something with Boykin. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

It works espically if u have a pocket passer and a scrambler.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:21 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
The only problem is ea hasn't added the belldozer to OUs playbook the closest thing I could find is shotgun heavy formation. And formation sub Blake in it lol.
Try out the shotgun twin TE lot formation, wildcat spread flex and wildcat unbalanced.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 14

I've actually had pretty good success with running a 2 QB system.
I used ASU's PB this year. Think of an Oregon PB, but with a few more singleback sets. At the end of most seasons, my passing attempts to rushing attempts is very close to a 1:1 ratio. My QBs will get around a third as many rushing attempts as my RBs over a typical season. My main QB will be a scrambler, the 2nd is either a pocket passer or balanced. At the beginning of each season, I'll place the 2nd in formations where I know I will not be running around with him, so only formations where I either hand off (no options) or a formation loaded with quick passe. I loved using ASUs since their 3 singleback formations had zero option plays, but were stacked with quick passes.
I really enjoy the 2 QB system because
A) it can rest either QB if their fatigued
B) if one goes down with an injury, you're already comfortable with the healthy one.
C) if one is just having a bad game, you can bring the other in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
Rookie

B4lt1m0re Fan's Arena

OVR: 1

I've actually implemented a mini-3 quarterback system in my second season of a Maryland dynasty. In my first season, I alternated between Caleb Rowe and Perry Hills until one stood out from the other, which was Rowe. Although I now had CJ Brown back from 'injury', I didn't want to bench him in the second season. I made Rowe the QB for nearly all formations except for the pistol (I gave this formation to Brown) and two shotgun formations (I gave this to the reconverted wide receiver David Burns). I've had success with this since all 3 offer different styles of play. Burns is a speed guy who throws decently, Brown is a guy who can throw and run well. and Rowe is a guy that can throw great but isn't very mobile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »