Home

INT or QB Accuracy issues post patch?

This is a discussion on INT or QB Accuracy issues post patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
INT or QB Accuracy issues post patch?

I was having great games before the patch finally. The patch comes out and now I feel like my accuracy is down and the "super" linebackers/corners are back jumping high and taking passes out of the sky.

I know I can make changes to my slider set just wanted to see if anyone else is noticing this. My QB was a junior last season (pre-patch) and has improved now as a senior (post patch) and is doing even worse. So it doesn't make any sense really..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: INT or QB Accuracy issues post patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
I was having great games before the patch finally. The patch comes out and now I feel like my accuracy is down and the "super" linebackers/corners are back jumping high and taking passes out of the sky.

I know I can make changes to my slider set just wanted to see if anyone else is noticing this. My QB was a junior last season (pre-patch) and has improved now as a senior (post patch) and is doing even worse. So it doesn't make any sense really..
Same here. Went undefeated and won the NC last year in my Heisman OD. This year after we got the patch, I've started off 1-2 and can't get anything going.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

A lot of BS interceptions post patch. Was getting them some before, I think just due to the sliders that I have, but post patch it happens much more frequently.

Here is the worst one that happened last night. I should have saved the replay.

Ran a quick slant to my slot receiver on the left and a DT (on the right side of my center) dropped back and jumped sideways and snagged the pass. The ball also changed trajectory a little to move to the DT's hands. The pass was thrown as soon as possible and to the left side of my center. The DT dropped straight back (so still on right side of center) and was able to somehow jump sideways and snag it. Been seeing more LB's doing this as well.

One of my biggest pet peeves with NCAA football has always been the lack of broken up passes. It has always seemed like the CPU is more likely to make the pick than defend the pass. I wouldn't mind if they would jump up and tip these passes with a chance of it getting picked instead of the passes getting intercepted. It sure would be better than them making incredible leaping interceptions. I have messed a lot with the sliders. The user picks are turned way down because it seems too many games are won because of INT's otherwise, but I have a hard time turning CPU INT's down because they seem to do a better job defending passes, but they make more incredible interceptions in return.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac
A lot of BS interceptions post patch. Was getting them some before, I think just due to the sliders that I have, but post patch it happens much more frequently.

Ran a quick slant to my slot receiver on the left and a DT (on the right side of my center) dropped back and jumped sideways and snagged the pass. The ball also changed trajectory a little to move to the DT's hands. The pass was thrown as soon as possible and to the left side of my center. The DT dropped straight back (so still on right side of center) and was able to somehow jump sideways and snag it. Been seeing more LB's doing this as well.

One of my biggest pet peeves with NCAA football has always been the lack of broken up passes. It has always seemed like the CPU is more likely to make the pick than defend the pass. I wouldn't mind if they would jump up and tip these passes with a chance of it getting picked instead of the passes getting intercepted. It sure would be better than them making incredible leaping interceptions. I have messed a lot with the sliders. The user picks are turned way down because it seems too many games are won because of INT's otherwise, but I have a hard time turning CPU INT's down because they seem to do a better job defending passes, but they make more incredible interceptions in return.
I might be blanking, but I honestly don't even remember the last time I've seen a proper pass swat animation. All I see are picks and dropped picks.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
I might be blanking, but I honestly don't even remember the last time I've seen a proper pass swat animation. All I see are picks and dropped picks.
we need the. swat slider from old gen back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
When I first pulled the game out of the box and played it on heisman with no sliders I was amazed by the swat animations. These seemed to disappear quickly. Not sure if messing with sliders lost it for me or what, but I do remember being amazed by it at one point.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac

This is exactly my problem. You have to have the INT up high or the CPU doesn't defend the pass well. But then in return you get way too many picks thrown. It seems like my QB is overthrowing the fly route when covered man resulting in picks and the out route in man results in picks. In zone that "super linebacker" seems to be coming back and he's catching everything.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Does qb accuracy affect wr catching? I have qb acc at 5 and wide receiver catching down quite a bit to get more dropped passes (unfortunately it feels like the wr's drop more of the easy short dump offs than the passes down field). The strange thing is that my team drops tons more passes the other users in my dynasty. They still get a decent amount of drops, but a lot more realistic than what I have.

My offense is a possession style passing attack, so I have many short crossing routes, comebacks, outs, and dump off passes (high % passes). So, I really shouldn't be getting a ton of drops with decent receivers. Well, one of my receivers has 90 catch, 95 CIT, and 95 Spec. Catch, and so far has twice the drops as anyone in the nation. Out of players for user teams (3 teams) I have 6 of the top 8 players in passes dropped. Here are some of the catch to drop ratios of my players (22:15, 21:12, 18:10, 15:9, 13:8).

The big difference that I see between my team and other user teams is that they have better qb's with much higher qb accuracy. My qb is 74 overall with 77 qb acc. They have qb's that are 91 overall 89 qb acc, and 93 overall 90 qb accuracy. Does qb acc also determine how catchable of passes they throw? I still have a similar completion percentage and less INT's than they do but am handicapped by the drops.

I have also been putting more touch on my passes and not running with the wr until he either has caught the pass or dropped it just to see if anything will help my receivers catch passes but nothing has helped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »