Home

I'm so damn tired of the game freezing up

This is a discussion on I'm so damn tired of the game freezing up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I'm so damn tired of the game freezing up

Mine has never froze up, maybe a new xbox is in your future
Old 11-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14
Mine will occasionally freeze up, only in Dynasty mode..fortunately, it has only froze in usually the first or second quarter. Still annoying, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
Rookie

MU ATO's Arena

OVR: 2

I've got a PS3 and I do have custom sounds and I hav auto save off.

I just played another game in my dynasty and what do you know I play the whol shame and as it ends and cuts to the ending part it freezes. It happens all e time to me. I've restarted my dynasty. I've downloaded all patches. Other games I own do not freeze up. Just this one.

Very annoying for someone like myself at has been a loyal paying customer since the beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU ATO
I've got a PS3 and I do have custom sounds and I hav auto save off.

I just played another game in my dynasty and what do you know I play the whol shame and as it ends and cuts to the ending part it freezes. It happens all e time to me. I've restarted my dynasty. I've downloaded all patches. Other games I own do not freeze up. Just this one.

Very annoying for someone like myself at has been a loyal paying customer since the beginning.
I feel your pain fellow Herd fan. Every time that I have a very good game I sit very nervously to see if the game will freeze as it cuts to the post game highlights. I wish you could simply turn all of the gamebreak and post game highlights so that the game doesn't freeze. I have to play many of my dynasty games 2 or 3 times before I get one that doesn't freeze.

Turning auto-save off has never helped.

There is nothing worse than playing a game a second or third time (especially after playing a very good game that freezes, before restarting and playing one that plays poor).
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

I have the game for both systems and it has never froze up yet on the PS3, knock on wood. On the 360, it has happened a handful of times, the latest on my arizona dynasty going into halftime, which was a first. All the freezing seemed to be toward the end of the games.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensa08
I have the game for both systems .
Look at Professor Moneybags over here... Got a different car for every day of the week too?

Anyways, I've probably played 200+ games on ps3, all offline dynasty, only 3 freezes. And I've got all the patches too.

If its happening to you "almost every game" then it must be something that's not the game's fault. Scratched disk, bad laser in the ps3, etc.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #15
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Possible fixes

1. if you have wireless internet for you xbox dont connect online when when playing this game. weak connection or not using a dedicated connection will cause freezes. was a big issue a few versions ago.

2. if you are hardlined and having issues, turn off the espn ticker. was a issues some versions back and this helped.

3. trade your disc in for a new one. there have been issues with some discs and which disc reader your xbox has. not all the games are made in same place. this is a issue with alot of games. forza is one that comes to mind. you cant use the three monitor setup with 3 xboxs unless they are from same manufacuring plant. (dont forget about 3 years ago when you could send your disc back in to ea to be replaced because of this) also there was a huge disc reader problem for the 09 version. alot guys got redrings because of this game back then.

4. save the game to your harddrive.

5. new xbox-if you have a older xbox this could be the issue. idk why ncaa always has so many issues with xbox. this normally fixes all your problems if he ones above dont work.

i think that the being wireless is the main issue, followed by the disc issues. then if these and other ideas to fix dont work, dont buy this game again till you get a new box. if your on ps3 which i switch from when new xbox operating system came out then i cant really help you. but i do remember that the disc reader issue was big deal on ps3 also. not sure about other ones. but always hardline, i havent had any kind of issues since i did this a year ago with any game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #16
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm on 360 and having freezing issues. Usually 1 or 2 every dynasty season. Not a dealbreaker, but as others have mentioned, certainly annoying.

The freezes I've experienced occur almost exclusively at the halftime transitions. If I make it past halftime, I know I'm homefree.

I think I may try to clear the cache, since it's been a while since I've done that. But I'd rather not play without the latest patch, as I've finally got the gameplay slider's and setting finetuned to my liking.

My 360 is not one of the oldest models, but it is a few years old. My early 360 was junky, and I got rid of it and did without for a while. Then I got another and it has been reliable and excellent. NCAA FB is the only game where I have regular freezing issues.

I would consider going with PS3 for '14, but I have grown accustomed now to the 360 controller and I prefer it (slightly) to the PS3 controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »