Home

How to tell your a victim of upset or sliders

This is a discussion on How to tell your a victim of upset or sliders within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation How to tell your a victim of upset or sliders

So I've had this happen while testing out sliders and only my 2nd or 3rd game with them in my dynasty with oregon and kentucky.

In one week I'll play right on to regular season, Oregon 85 - FCS 3 (Scored as time expired)

Then I'll be down 21-0 to Washington State in the 1st Quarter!?
Usually I can't get an average of 3 yards a carry and sacked about every 4 dropbacks.

I'm I just being upset or victim of sliders not being tuned.

Incase of further games similar how do I tell if I am geniunely being upset or sliders are unfair and I need to adjust and restart?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: How to tell your a victim of upset or sliders

This was the reason for me to focus on building as close to an equal base set as possible. That way I feel ratings and hot/cold streaks of players matter.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Home Field Advantage makes a huge difference this year if you leave it "On". Home teams get an enormous boost. So if you were playing AT Washington State, and have HFA "On", that may have been a factor as well.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
Home Field Advantage makes a huge difference this year if you leave it "On". Home teams get an enormous boost. So if you were playing AT Washington State, and have HFA "On", that may have been a factor as well.
Sir, by the power invested in me as an advanced slider and roster tester I co-sign this in to law lol lol.

I edit rosters and play CPU games exclusively now. HFA screws up any reliable test data I come up with. Turn that crap off. It's another gimmick not needed for this game.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Sir, by the power invested in me as an advanced slider and roster tester I co-sign this in to law lol lol.

I edit rosters and play CPU games exclusively now. HFA screws up any reliable test data I come up with. Turn that crap off. It's another gimmick not needed for this game.
I'm Buckeyed and I approve this message.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
Rookie

so if i turn it off and i find myself loosing i should know im being upset not a victim of sliders and home field advatage?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
MVP

There are still 'roadblock' games that they throw at you every once and a while, where the game is far harder that it has any right to be. I've had a couple games where I was demolishing a team, the game froze, and when I went back to play it again suddenly the D was on everybody like glue, their WRs constantly got open, and it just feels so much harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »