Home

When do the devs and gamechangers usually come around before the next game drops?

This is a discussion on When do the devs and gamechangers usually come around before the next game drops? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
When do the devs and gamechangers usually come around before the next game drops?

Serious inquiry here. In year's past I have traded this game in before Christmas and have not really been a part of the pre-game hype that builds up before this game comes out. I'm hoping they drop in early in the dev cycle because I plan on being more active this year. I only have a few things to inquire about, namely...
  • The chances of getting a global editor in next year's game
  • The chances of getting in game sliders to coincide with every rating a player has in the game (This will allow for minimal roster editing and allow editors to concentrate on smaller details with certain players rather than time consuming roster overhauls. Doesn't 2K Bball use a similar concept? I heard this, but I don't play that game)
  • The chances of getting all of the sliders to actually work as they should...ie player model sliders, in game sliders, etc.
So I'm just wondering when I need to make some time to be here if and when they come around. I want to hand in my list before the uniform and facemask guys overwhelm them with this color is wrong and that facemask is not connected to the visor correctly stuff. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: When do the devs and gamechangers usually come around before the next game drops?

February......Around the super bowl is when they hold their biggest community day and during it or right after you will see Game Changers come up in here. To be honest though, you should have been sending that stuff back in July and August.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #3
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Re: When do the devs and gamechangers usually come around before the next game drops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
February......Around the super bowl is when they hold their biggest community day and during it or right after you will see Game Changers come up in here. To be honest though, you should have been sending that stuff back in July and August.
If they want some real help from a rep of the community they would send you an invite. Anyway I'll shot a couple emails to the devs and see what happens. It's time they give gamers full control over this game editing wise.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
If they want some real help from a rep of the community they would send you an invite. Anyway I'll shot a couple emails to the devs and see what happens. It's time they give gamers full control over this game editing wise.
Gooooood luck. Keep us informed.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

It would be nice to have a nice short, precise list of actual problems, something realistic. something we could hand over and say these are the issues.

But like Sundown2600 said, in the attempt to do so the entire thread will be inundated with gripes about face masks and the 1 octave shade of incorrect color on the back in mississippi states left shoe.

Realistically the game is playing great right now. So what is that handful of things that EA can fix to put the game over the top?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
It would be nice to have a nice short, precise list of actual problems, something realistic. something we could hand over and say these are the issues.

But like Sundown2600 said, in the attempt to do so the entire thread will be inundated with gripes about face masks and the 1 octave shade of incorrect color on the back in mississippi states left shoe.

Realistically the game is playing great right now. So what is that handful of things that EA can fix to put the game over the top?
A functioning , bug free OD for the 1st time sinc '09 for starters would be nice. Hate to say it, but i fear the end is nigh for our OD . Use to run till at least Feb. , last 2 years haven't made it to x-mas .
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Line play is number 1. Expanding of the base ratings, and having a bigger window of the ratings than it is now. Effective sliders.

Though I believe with the IE coming next year we won't see many other improvement because "we didn't have time because of the physics." I really hope I'm wrong.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

I think we will probably end up with the same game we have gotten the past few years with one thing improved. I'm hoping it is line interactions/blocking. For me this issue sort of ruins the game for me. I love gap assignment football and playing the chess match on the line. I can't do that now because lineman often stand straight up, or never engage a defender.

My list by priority:
-Line interaction/blocking
-85 man rosters (including a spot for a longsnapper) Maybe consider removing heisman mode to make room?
-make players actually run with their hips and lean into cuts like they used to in 2006 last gen.
-consult BORN4CORN for equipment and player model details. (the game is far behind in this department)

On the plus side, I honestly think the improvements made this year were great. Recruiting is awesome, and passing is improved. Keep in mind posters, If we want gamechangers and Devs to take us seriously keep the low blows and snarky comments off this thread. The last thing one of those guys wants to do is read through a thread and have to sort through garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »