Home

Custom Rivalries

This is a discussion on Custom Rivalries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
Rivalries are based around two schools' mutual dislike of each other. It doesn't necessarily have to be just sports-related - in fact, most of the time, it has nothing to do with sports. The schools just happen to play each other frequently.

Spoiler

Very True. I can see your point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Custom Rivalries

I mean, when I play as Temple I get stuck with Buffalo as one of my useless rivals.

It makes sense for years 1-3, but after year 3 I start to see 35+pt victories, and at that point I get sort of tired of it.

At that point, I just replace a warm-up game with it, but it sucks to have a "rivalry game" as a warm up game to test out the new personnel and new wrinkles in the playbook. Thats not a rivalry, thats a tuneup.

I like the idea of when a rival goes inactive for 3 years, you get the option to replace them with someone you have played for three years.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse7070
I mean, when I play as Temple I get stuck with Buffalo as one of my useless rivals.

It makes sense for years 1-3, but after year 3 I start to see 35+pt victories, and at that point I get sort of tired of it.

At that point, I just replace a warm-up game with it, but it sucks to have a "rivalry game" as a warm up game to test out the new personnel and new wrinkles in the playbook. Thats not a rivalry, thats a tuneup.

I like the idea of when a rival goes inactive for 3 years, you get the option to replace them with someone you have played for three years.

I'm using UTSA right now in my dynasty and Texas State is my rival opponent and I've kicked their asses for the last 5/6 years. I've had only one close game with them and it was the first season, but every other year it has been a blowout.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »