Home

Custom Rivalries

This is a discussion on Custom Rivalries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Rookie

ownthehobo's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom Rivalries

I'm sure we have all been through this.

Ok so I am Oregon State. I took over there in year 2016. I'm currently half way through 2019. My rivals are Washington State, Washington, and obviously Oregon. The Oregon rivalry is great. Every year we play them it always is a close one. One year we even played them in the national championship game. The Washington game wasn't super great for a little while, but last year Washington pulled off the upset which almost put us out of title contention. However, the Washington State rivalry blows. I crush them EVERY year. Since I have Hawaii in the Pac-12, I play them every season. I am not sure why a crappy Hawaii team always gives me so much trouble, but they do. 2016 game I won in the last two minutes by a strong drive. 2017 game was barley won by me in OT. 2018 game was my season finale in which I barley won by a TD throw with :15 seconds to go.

My point is, we should be able to add and delete rivalries. This Hawaii game is always a big one now every year. So I think in dynasty we should be able to add and delete rivals. And as time goes on, rivalries die and some are born. For instance, I'm sure in 2032 I will have had my time with Hawaii and I will have a new foe, perhaps Nevada.

What do you think? Custom rivals?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
I want them just for team builder teams. Georgia Southern with Arkansas State as a rival...? Nope...
Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Custom Rivalries

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I want them just for team builder teams. Georgia Southern with Arkansas State as a rival...? Nope...

I replaced an entire conference (MAC) with a bunch of D3 schools (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and a few other locals to even it out). before I made the switches, I went in and noted who was rivals with who. Then when I made the switch, each school had at least one realistic rivalry game. Not exactly the perfect way, but better than nothing. Perhaps you could switch Georgia State with Memphis or ULM?
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

OVR: 0

I would love it. Would be really helpful especially with all the conference expansion. There will be new rivalries and also help with team builder rivalries
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah I would love to go edit Mizzou's rivals. Highly unlikely that we'll be playing Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Iowa State anytime soon...throw in Illinois while we're at it since they no longer play an early season game in StL. I could see their games vs. Arkansas and Tennessee becoming rival games down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

Definitely think rivals need to be changeable (either by the user or automatically by the CPU). Not only is there the issue of becoming much better than your early rivals as time progresses in a long dynasty, but changing conferences can make scheduling games with your original rivals a nightmare.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by krildog
I replaced an entire conference (MAC) with a bunch of D3 schools (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and a few other locals to even it out). before I made the switches, I went in and noted who was rivals with who. Then when I made the switch, each school had at least one realistic rivalry game. Not exactly the perfect way, but better than nothing. Perhaps you could switch Georgia State with Memphis or ULM?
I'm thinking about switching a few Sun Belt teams out for Old Dominion, Georgia State, Appy State and maybe The Citadel.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12

It would be a perfect application for the ESPN Instant Classic score. Most rivalries are begun with close games and instant classics are usually close games. Say, if you have 3 out of 5 years with an Instant classic score >900 (I'm just spitballing here) than it asks u if u want to be rivals. Thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »