Home

Making Dynasty & Play Now Better for NCAA 13

This is a discussion on Making Dynasty & Play Now Better for NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #25
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Making Dynasty & Play Now Better for NCAA 13

Just another random thought while it's still fresh in my mind. A lot of ppl say that weight doesn't matter in this game and this is true. The catch is that the way this game expresses weight is through the Strength rating. Since EA refuses to pay attention to detail with the little things that matter to us well it's up to us to make things right for ourselves as much as possible.

Think back to when a lot of guys made vids on Youtube showing 5'5" 150lbs OLineman holding their own against default Dlineman. The Blocking attributes were completely zeroed out as well as the Strength rating. The question was asked, "Why are these little guys even the least bit competitive considering their lack of physical size and lack of strength and blocking ratings?" I theorize that the answer to this is twofold. First as I said we all know weight doesn't matter. Maybe the physics engine will allow this to happen in the future IDK. Secondly it has already been confirmed on a few occasions over the years that for whatever reason be it do to hardware limitations, or other issues unknown to us, the devs use a scale of 40-99 for the ratings. So in essence this should mean that no matter how low we rate a player under 40 in any category the CPU will recognize that player as a 40 minimum. So shouldn't this mean that that little tiny 5'5" guy actually had RBK, Impact BLK, PBK and Strength rated at 40 minimum across the board rather than the 0s that were assigned to him. Thoughts...feedback?

Also in the Global edits thread some guys were mentioning that as dynasty went on certain ratings that had been zeroed out, namely Pursuit, were creeping slowly back up to 40. Could this be evidence that the CPU does not recognize a number lower than 40 and these lower numbers are only there for tendency changes and overall rating purposes? Thoughts please. Thanks.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 12-23-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 3

I feel you on your thoughts on Strength. I've used it for a few years now to represent weight and have loved the results. The collisions make so much more sense, and it effects the player's choices in using their special moves.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #27
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

New discovery......

Only numbers that matter for acceleration is 99 and 50 or below. Anything else in between 51 to 99 won't make a difference at all in a player's initial speed burst. I have tested this out for most of the night. Took 2 WRs lined up side by side. Same speed, sent them both on a streak. They both stayed stride for stride with each other. I had one at 99 acceleration, the other 70 acceleration, stride for stride. Wasn't until I put one at 50 acceleration did the other WR that had 99 acceleration jump out with a lead, but even then his lead was only 2 1/2 yards.

So at the end of the day, SPEED is still king. Acceleration means nothing between two players unless there is a 50 or more point gap between their respective acceleration.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #28
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
New discovery......

Only numbers that matter for acceleration is 99 and 50 or below. Anything else in between 51 to 99 won't make a difference at all in a player's initial speed burst. I have tested this out for most of the night. Took 2 WRs lined up side by side. Same speed, sent them both on a streak. They both stayed stride for stride with each other. I had one at 99 acceleration, the other 70 acceleration, stride for stride. Wasn't until I put one at 50 acceleration did the other WR that had 99 acceleration jump out with a lead, but even then his lead was only 2 1/2 yards.

So at the end of the day, SPEED is still king. Acceleration means nothing between two players unless there is a 50 or more point gap between their respective acceleration.
Is this why we don't get that "Wow that guy is fast!" feeling when we see really fast players on the field current gen? I remember last gen players like Ted Ginn Jr. and Reggie Bush were clearly faster than everyone else on the field, even compared to players who were only slower than them by about 5 points or so.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #29
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Is this why we don't get that "Wow that guy is fast!" feeling when we see really fast players on the field current gen? I remember last gen players like Ted Ginn Jr. and Reggie Bush were clearly faster than everyone else on the field, even compared to players who were only slower than them by about 5 points or so.
Probably so. Which would also explain why a lot of weird hair scratching things happen in this game and this series as a whole. Because locomotion in a nutshell is nothing but a player's acceleration and agility ratings. And for the past 3 years now EA kept going on about speed is no longer king, that a player need high acceleration to go a long with their speed. Hell they even have it in the strategy guide as the top 5 attributes to look for in a player.

In reality, speed is the only that matters, acceleration don't mean jack. When I started these tests 6 hours ago I was shocked. In your mind, one would think hey a guy with 99 acceleration rating would jump out to a big lead against somebody that is lower then them acceleration wise. But no, you don't see a difference at all until there is a 50 point gap in acceleration, even then it was just 2 1/2 yards.

That is unrealistic on so many levels. Main reason of course is nobody in the game has that kind of a gap between their acceleration ratings. I'm talking a 50 point gap just to see a 2 1/2 yard burst ? That is the only burst I get ? 2 1/2 yards ? Really ????

Which would also explain why when I gave Defensive Ends 99 acceleration and Offensive Tackles 0 acceleration the OT was still able to keep up because all you get is a BS 2 1/2 yard burst. That small of a burst is USELESS. Now I know not to even worry about a player's acceleration rating in dynasty, just going to look at their speed rating.

This also leads to my point I been saying for years now, people REALLY need to stretch out the speed ratings in their rosters. Acceleration don't do jack.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #30
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

There is no other way I can say this other than the fact that the ratings system STINKS!!!

That makes absolutely no sense. Some of the ratings in this game is simply for window dressing man. Why in the world would Route Running not mean anything to a WR? Why would Break Tackle not mean anything to a Running Back? Why would Zone Coverage apart from Awareness not mean anything to a Defensive Back? Why would Acceleration not mean ANYTHING to ANYBODY? These are position specific ratings and they have no affect at all hardly. When comparing it with other games it leaves A LOT to be desired. To see how much of a role ratings play in a game like NBA 2k13 where if I'm going up against the Lakers, I feel like I'm playing against Kobe...play the Heat you gotta deal with virtual Lebron and DWade...Thunder I gotta deal with Durant and Westbrook etc....and you can tell the difference between a star and a scrub.

With the system we are working with now, you have to do so much editing just to see marginal results in telling the difference between a star and a scrub which really at the end of the day...the only thing that really separates em is SPEED.

If what GMS says is true then speed is about to look like this...

OL and DT- Speed capped at 15

DE- Speed capped at 35

LB and TE- Speed capped at 50

Skill Position and DB's capped at 75
Old 12-24-2012, 03:47 AM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
There is no other way I can say this other than the fact that the ratings system STINKS!!!

That makes absolutely no sense. Some of the ratings in this game is simply for window dressing man. Why in the world would Route Running not mean anything to a WR? Why would Break Tackle not mean anything to a Running Back? Why would Zone Coverage apart from Awareness not mean anything to a Defensive Back? Why would Acceleration not mean ANYTHING to ANYBODY? These are position specific ratings and they have no affect at all hardly. When comparing it with other games it leaves A LOT to be desired. To see how much of a role ratings play in a game like NBA 2k13 where if I'm going up against the Lakers, I feel like I'm playing against Kobe...play the Heat you gotta deal with virtual Lebron and DWade...Thunder I gotta deal with Durant and Westbrook etc....and you can tell the difference between a star and a scrub.

With the system we are working with now, you have to do so much editing just to see marginal results in telling the difference between a star and a scrub which really at the end of the day...the only thing that really separates em is SPEED.

If what GMS says is true then speed is about to look like this...

OL and DT- Speed capped at 15

DE- Speed capped at 35

LB and TE- Speed capped at 50

Skill Position and DB's capped at 75
One important thing you have to remember when it comes to other games:
Quote:
NBA 2K 13 currently has:

21 sliders for their COACH profile alone for each coach.

33 signature skills for players. Which is basically their player type for what they are known for doing.

Close to 50 game sliders.

Close to 100 ratings for each player.

FIFA 13

Has more sliders and ratings then NCAA 13 as well.

Madden 13

Has more ratings and sliders. And when you get into Connected Career Mode, they have even more stuff you can tweak.
So you can see the common theme. The more ratings and sliders a sports game has, the better and more closer to life that game plays. Kind of hard to strive for realism when you have 1 rating dictating 3 or more different things. Or you have 1 slider that effects 6 different ratings at the same time.

Also kind of hard when your sliders, the few you have are either backwards or don't work at all.. Or you have ratings that don't do anything. Seriously that pisses me off the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #32
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Also kind of hard when your sliders, the few you have are either backwards or don't work at all.. Or you have ratings that don't do anything. Seriously that pisses me off the most.[/quote]

And that's my main point right there!!!

Where as the other games have several ratings that work beautifully. I saw you post something the other day about playcalling in NCAA. You said they needed to implement "touches" tendency. How awesome would that be in a football game? EA won't do it though...and if they do somehow some way it won't work the way it's suppose to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »