Home

Can anyone who still plays NCAA 06 help me out..?

This is a discussion on Can anyone who still plays NCAA 06 help me out..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #9

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Can anyone who still plays NCAA 06 help me out..?

UPDATE: Actually just got half a game in, and I think I'm finally getting it.

I had to change my real mindset. In newer games, I just throw short with the occasional deep ball. In these older games, I just throw medium-long range passes with the occasional short pass.

All that I need to work on now is slider tweaking. I wasn't able to run at all. Before I started passing well, I could run pretty well and get good stats. Now I'm passing well, but I need to get better at the rush.

If anyone was intrested, my most recent half-game was Notre Dame (Me) vs K-State (CPU). I was trailing 16-10 at the half, with my QB around 130 yards, theirs 110, both completing a little over 50% of passes.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

drmvp, you weren't able to run at all? how does ND's o-line compare to K-State in NCAA 06? i'm still trying to figure out the running in NCAA 2005. maybe it's similar in 06 on AA. one thing i noticed when going from NCAA 2004 to NCAA 2005 is that, changing directions when running is much slower in 2005. in NCAA 2004 you can really fake guys out with quick L-stick moves. in addition, it seems that the pursuit of defenders on runs is much more aggressive and fast in 2005. in 06, i think changing directions is faster then 2005, slower then 04, but the defenders are also fast like in NCAA 2005.

you got to determine why you are not able to run. is the speed of pursuit good by the cpu? have you tried option plays or QB scrambles to the sideline? take a look at QB and RB speed ratings, and o-line / d-line player ratings.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #11

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

My problem with running is just not even getting a chance to pick up yards. The defense was all over me, I think I had one run for 5 yards last game, with everything else lower (mostly 0/negative yards)

I'm not at home at the moment, and I really have no idea how good the O-lines are, so really it was just frustrating that I couldn't get any kind of running going. I ended up finishing the game with 35 rushing yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Real quick.. Another thing i forgot to mention is that to have success in the running game, you have to call a pass at the play calling screen and usually audible into the run. Just like in newer games, the defense will play a run defense many times if you call a run play.

Also, if you didn't know, and I'm pretty sure this was implemented by ncaa 06, you can change three of your audibles on the fly every time you are at the play calling screen. Just hold down (I think) R1 and press box, x, or circle and the controller will vibrate letting you know that the play has been changed.

This allowed me to, out of the same formation, grab three plays plus the play I picked every time i came to the line of scrimmage. It was a great feature. Let me know if you have any luck with this.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy spence
Real quick.. Another thing i forgot to mention is that to have success in the running game, you have to call a pass at the play calling screen and usually audible into the run. Just like in newer games, the defense will play a run defense many times if you call a run play.
You gotta mix up what you do vs the cpu. you can't be too predictable. since running is usually easier then passing (when you get good blocking) many people try to establish a run. but if you are playing against a good CPU team, they usually do blitz a lot with their linebackers and you have to show that you can complete passes to get the running game to open up. (like real football)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy spence
Also, if you didn't know, and I'm pretty sure this was implemented by ncaa 06, you can change three of your audibles on the fly every time you are at the play calling screen. Just hold down (I think) R1 and press box, x, or circle and the controller will vibrate letting you know that the play has been changed.

This allowed me to, out of the same formation, grab three plays plus the play I picked every time i came to the line of scrimmage. It was a great feature. Let me know if you have any luck with this.
oh yeah this is a great tip and something i use. it's in NCAA 2005 too. even against the CPU. it allows you to audible quickly without changing your formation. (which sometimes takes a long time especially on the road) you can essentially go to the line with 2 or 3 plays each time by using this. you can "pocket" a run play by changing the audible on the fly to a run play, then call a pass play, and see what the defense is showing.

another thing you could do is switch the side that the run (or option) is going to without flipping the formation at the LOS by pressing the hot route button, then left or right on the L-stick. there were so many little things you can do strategy wise in the old games, and you could do them in such a user friendly way. if you were playing someone you didn't know these things you could get the upper hand. and if you had an opponent who knew them, it created some great "audible battles" (as one of my old friends used to call it)

by the way, is the on-the-fly audibles a feature in current-gen ncaa games?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #14
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I remember having to come up with some "House Rules" for '06. I asked Corso (picked one of his 3 plays) and didn't switch to receivers until they caught the ball and only played as one defender. Made it more challenging/realistic while still being enjoyable.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #15
Just started!

OVR: 0

Is there anyone who can help me with how to use pass strength in NCAA 06 ps2 version? It always says appropriate pass strength is 25. And I occasionally get to 75 but how do I get there consistently?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »