Home

What's your worse loss?

This is a discussion on What's your worse loss? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What's your worse loss?

with my canes (miami) 55-7 to ohio state in the rose bowl it was 2015 and the buckeyes recruited a 6'6 240 qb with 92 speed and a giant arm (he launched an 80 yard bullet for a td on the second play of the game) we couldnt stop him and it was over early also i was made because clemson who we had beaten earlier in the year somehow made the national title game over us it was just bad lol
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #18
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
31-58 to Rice. I'm Southern Miss, and that ended up being my only loss of the season. I got a rematch with them in the conference title game and won 35-18. Finished 12-1, ranked #10 in the BCS, but had to settle for the Liberty Bowl because LATech was ranked #5, and Army was ranked #1 (I know.....). We beat USF (6-6) to finish 13-1 and #9 in the final BCS standings. Somewhat disappointing, but we got the #18 Recruiting Class from it.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Playing an OD, we were all 1 star teams.

I was San Jose State, playing USC on Heisman.

By the end of the first quarter, I had thrown 3 picks and was down 21-0. By halftime it was 35-3. I decided to sim the rest of the game and lost 56-10.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Minnesota in year 4 of my offline dynasty. Opening Weekend @ BYU. This was particularly important to me since I had a bunch of awesome young talent I had worked hard to recruit for. My new roster gave my team an entirely new look from the old one I inherited. Game was tightly contested until I threw a 28 yd touchdown pass with my (RS) Freshman QB (87 OVR) to take the 28-20 lead with 6:23 left to play in the 4th.

My QB was a converted ATH who has a crazy 95 SPD and 93 ACC combined with 92 ACU and 89 THP as a Freshman! Probably still the most coveted player I've ever recruited to my program. He was probably the main reason for all of my excitement to begin the new season.

That's when it all began to collapse. I had experienced a rubber-banding effect and "god-mode" that I don't think I have ever encountered prior to that. The computer subsequently scored on their second play after kickoff with a 69 yd pass play and got the 2-pt conversion. 28-28 with 5:39 left. Kick-off and I fumbled the ball on the return. Scoop and score for the computer. 28-35 with 5:26 left. I get the ball at my 23 and my running back fumbles the ball on second down after a stretch right play. Computer gets the ball on my 29 and hands it off. Touchdown on their first play after their RB breaks about three tackles to the endzone. 28-42 with 4:46 left. I get the ball at my 29 and open the drive up with a pass play. BYU corner picks the ball off and takes it to the house on my first pass. 28-49 with 4:31 left.

By this point I'm just numb and can't quite believe what just happened within about a minute of regulation. I get a decent return to my 33 and begin driving down the field. 2:22 remains in the 4th and I'm at the BYU 38. The computer was blitzing my knickers off throughout the entire drive so I decided to throw a HB Screen. BYU DE undercut the route and took it to the house after my QB failed to tackle him. 28-56 with 2:16 left. I get the ball back and BYU intercepts me again with less than 2 minutes remaining and kicked a field goal for good measure when they drove back down the field with their run game.

Final: 59-28

I can't tell you how indescribably mad I was after that defeat. I didn't touch the game again for about 2 weeks until I finally got over the loss.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

My worse loss was handed to me on NCAA 12. I was Mississippi State playing my friend, who was South Carolina. I don't remember the score, but I do remember it being a shoot out. We took the game into 4 overtimes. I had to settle for a field goal on my possession, so all I had to do was stop him. Jonathan Banks, my star CB had been matched up with Alshon Jeffery all game, and had done a great job locking him down. My friend throws three fades in a row to Jeffery, Banks deflects all three. 4th down. I'm thinking, "surely he won't go to Jeffery AGAIN," and he does. Banks is about half a yard from the back corner of the endzone, Jeffery is OUT of the back of the endzone completely. Alshon Jeffery comes back into the endzone and jumps THROUGH Jonathan Banks to score the game winning TD. I think I "went to bed" after that game lol.

Last edited by BLACKjersey53; 03-28-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I just started a dynasty with Colorado St. They have bad QBs and the only decent guy is the RB.

So I start out 2-0, winning solid games against average teams. Then I play @ Texas. Of course my RB gets hurt the 2nd play. Then my bad starting QB gets hurt and the backup is awful.

I lose 38-0. I've never been shut out before, ever. I went on to go 10-2, but that loss still stings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »